Chapter 1

10 years later

'Hey Alice!'

'Hi Janice. How was your vacation?'

'Good. How was yours?'

'Awesome. I helped mom with her work everyday. I met a lot of interesting customers. One of them was really cute and was totally flirting with me. He said his name was Dylan.'

'Did you tell him yours?'

'Of course not.'

'Oh my God. Why?'

'Dude, I totally dont think its safe to go around giving my name to strangers.'

'But he gave his!'

'So? Plus we dont even know if its his real name.'

'Good point. Eh! How does it matter? You are the most beautiful girl in this school, not to mention hottest and so you will have all the guys at your feet!'

'Hahahaha! Its not I like any of them.'

'Does that mean you liked Dylan?'

'Yea. Sorta. I told you he was flirting. And he did it quite well.'

'Oh. My. God. You. Have. A. Crush. Shit. I. Think. I. Am. Hyperventilating.'

'Dont. I dont think he likes me. Because he didnt come the next day and the next day and even after that. So, there.'

'Aw! Look at you. Brooding over a guy.'

'Shut the hell up and lets go.'

Janice and Alice were 16 and studied in high school. Alice was really the most hottest girl and naturally had a number of friends and guys after her. However, she never got close to anyone easily. She only was really close to Janice and her mother.

'Alice! Our new english teacher looks like an old maid.'

'Hahahaha! Janice! Its rude to mock teachers like that.'

'Where is your fun, girl?'

'Hahaha! But if you have to make fun, then be accurate about it. She doesnt look like and old maid. She looks like more like a.... A rich old hag who has been waiting for her husband to return from war. You know, the tired yet eager types.'

'Wow! Some imagination you have. But that could be true too. Who knows?'

At that moment, their English teacher, Mrs.Brooke made an announcement.

'May I have your attention? We have a new student with us today. His name is Dylan. Lets welcome Dylan to the class.'

Janice looked at Alice who was staring with wide eyes at the new Dylan. Yes, it was the same Dylan from the cafe. And he looked cute, no doubt. He was here to stay and to offer the other guys heavy competition.