Her Last Goodbye

She was sitting there, in all her beauty, soaking and slowly dying in her white dress splattered with scarlet red blood. This made for a morbidly beautiful and deathly scene for my eyes to see. I was breaking on the inside waiting for her to look up. She never did. I never saw her eyes open and her lips never took their last breath. My heart slowed to almost nothing. I could feel myself slipping away just like her heartbeat. I took her in my arms and looked at the pained look on her face. With the force of my love for her, I reached into my chest and gave her my heart, took the one that was in her chest and put it inside my chest. I could feel life slipping away but the warmth of life going into her body. Her eyes, with all their beauty, opened. She thought she was never going to see me again but now she was in my arms safe from pain and death, only for the cost of my beating heart. It seemed like nothing to me. My love was alive but soon I was not going to be alive. I looked down at her and she was crying. The bullet hole that was in her chest was in mine now and soon there was blood pouring out of my chest. She tried to put her hand over the hole but blood still forced its way out. She put her hands over my face and forced words to come out of her mouth. They sounded like sweet comfort as I closed my eyes. Her hands slid down my face, making it look like I was crying blood and then I was. Right then I took my last breath to say, “I love you and this will be my last goodbye“. She got up to run for a phone. This heart that was not mine but was inside my chest was pushing blood out of my body and taking my breath away. It felt like pain I never felt before and then I felt a great force come out my soul. I was up in the air. I looked back to see black wings sticking out of my back but they were connected to this heart that was in my chest now. I looked down at my lifeless body laying down but there was not one there, only the blood dripping from the hole in my chest. I was floating, going up into the storm in the sky. I looked down for one last time at my love who was looking for my body. She never looked up. I wanted her to know that I was going to watch over her, so I made the black clouds into words and the sun into my paper for this short letter. When I was done my eyes burned thinking about the pain she felt. Two scarlet red tears fell from my eyes down to where she was on her knees looking for my body that was no longer there. The tears fell on her face, she looked up to see these words in black. They said, "For my beautiful love. This is my last goodbye”.