III

I woke up, bounding with excitement. I was going to Hogwarts! I quickly pulled on an outfit and made sure I had everything in my trunk. Also I made sure I had my robes because apparently you had to change into them on the train. I grabbed my luggage before checking out of the Leaky Cauldron.

I reached Kings Cross Station at about 10:00 and the train was supposed to depart at 11:00 so I had time. I wanted to find an empty compartment so that I could be in peace. I observed the ticket. Platform 9/3. I looked up. Platform 9. To the side. Platform 10.

I am totally confused right now.

I lent against the wall, my objectif to find some wizards to help me, but obviously i fell through the wall. I landed on my two feet,stumbling a bit, before looking up.

There it was.

The Hogwarts Express in all his glory.

I read the platform, smiling. Platform 9/3. I looked at Spark, who's eyes were sparkling in excitement.

I went over to a driver who took my luggage and Spark. I smiled gratefully before stepping into the train, bag swishing at my side. As I kept walking, mostly trying to find an empty compartment, I recognised a female voice. Lily. As I turned a corner, I saw Lily, with some girls, probably her friends, looking at some boy who from what I could see, had black tousled hair like Percy's. As I looked closer, I saw that Lily looked annoyed. Then I remembered. This must be that boy she had been talking about who kept asking her out! I watched, amused as the boy said, "Lilypad, go out with me?" I could tell from his voice he was smirking. Lily looked about to explode. "No you insolent toe-rag!" I stifled a laugh at that comment. That's when I decided I should help Lily.

I slowly walked behind him and said, "Hey I know Lily's cute and all, but do ya mind letting me through? I need to talk to her." I could tell he was surprised. He turned and his jaw dropped. I mentally eye rolled. Is it always gonna be like this? Then Lily noticed me. "Mia!" I smiled at her, which she gratefully returned. "Hi, I'm James Potter!" Said the boy, now he was turned fully to me, I could see him. He had black hair, a thin but handsome face with blue eyes and lofty glasses. I smiled tightly at him. He was very persistent.

"Move would you?"

His eyes glazed over and like a robot, he moved to the side and left. The girls were gaping at me. Lily asked, "Wow Mia! How did you do that!" She asked, impressed.

"Just a little spell I learnt!" I replied, sitting down at the same time.

Lily then turned to her friends. "Guys this is Mia Peters!" I waved happily, "the foreign beauty I had been talking about!" I blushed. The blonde girl looked at me, "You're American?" She said in surprise. I nodded, laughing.

"Wow, you are stunning!" Said a cute blonde girl, with pixie cut hair. I thanked her with a smile.

"Everyone introduce themselves please!" Shouted Lily, jumping about. "Right, I'm Marlene McKinnon, the crazy boy lover!" I laughed at her bluntness. "Nice to meet you, Marlene!" I chuckled. "I'm Alice Fortescue." Said the girl with the pixie cut, " I'm the normal one of the group" She said with a smile.

I grinned. "I'm Mary MacDonald, nice to meet you!" The girl with brown hair said, looking at me. "You too!" I smiled at them all.

Marlene looked at me. "So Mia..." She said with a sly smile, "do you have a boyfriend?" I blushed once again. The girls were giggling at my flustered face. I tried glaring at them, but they just laughed harder. "No actually, I didn't really have time for dating at my camp.." Alice looked at me. "Camp?" She questioned, "like a summer camp?" I bit my lip. "Sort of... But not really. " I never really mastered lying.