Based on the New York Times bestseller, WONDER tells the incredibly inspiring and heart-warming story of August Pullman. Born with facial differences that, up until now, have prevented him from going to a mainstream school, Auggie becomes the most unlikely of heroes when he enters the local fifth grade.
As his family, his new classmates, and the larger community all struggle to discover their compassion and acceptance, Auggie's extraordinary journey will unite them all and prove you can't blend in when you were born to stand out.
Your challenge is to create a 500-word story about choosing kindness. Fiction or non-fiction, we want you to tell us about a time that kindness prevails.
Tag your story with (#WondertheMovie) and post the link to your completed story in the comments below so we know it's up. The 10 top stories as selected by our Wattpad staff will be featured in a reading list on the WonderMovie profile, and sent to Lionsgate for judging.
Three top entries, as selected by the Wonder esteemed panel of judges including book author R.J. Palacio and film director Stephen Chbosky, will be immortalized in a digital video that will truly bring your touching story to life.
Consider the thought starters below for your entries:
- School can be a rough place...
- Every story has multiple points of view...
"When given the choice between being right, or being kind, choose kind."
For more inspiration, read Mr. Browne's Book of Precepts here.
Submit your stories by July 7 at 11:59pm PST.
1. Your story must be in English
2. Your story can be a maximum of 500 Words. Anything over that will be disqualified!
3. Entrants must be legal residents of the United States and 13 years of age or older at the time of entry
4. You can enter as many times as you want, as long as your entries meet our guidelines.
5. Your story must be original and created by YOU!
6. Your story must be tagged #WondertheMovie
YOU ARE READING
#WonderTheMovie Writing Contest (Contest Closed)Short Story
Your challenge is to create a 500-word story about choosing kindness. Fiction or non-fiction, we want you to tell us about a time that kindness prevails. #Wonderthemovie