a compromise

When Krish pulled me along to his room I know that no matter what I say now I won't be believed. "Great timing," I said to him sarcastically.

"Look hear me out. I am not the type of man you can commit to. I have temper problem. I don't have a family. My job is assassination. I have done a lot of things that are morally questionable in order to complete my mission. I can't change either but when you said that you have given up your love towards Lord Krishna for your family and then the incidents that followed I have a proposal. Marry me. We would be officially a married couple. I will let you complete your studies. You told me you have already got a job. I will live in Bangalore with you.

You can still love Krishna and pine for him. He will be your husband and I will be a guy you will share living space with. I won't have to change my lifestyle and you won't have to give up loving your Lord Krishna. Up to your studies get completed I will bear your expenses. Pay me back when you get your salary. They need to be controlled. They are attacking you like vultures and I can't see that. And after seeing how ready you were to end your life I won't leave you alone. There would be nothing between us except for a compromise. An arrangement that would benefit us both."He said.

Okay that was beneficial for me but how exactly it was beneficial for him. I asked him the same.

With a job like mine I won't marry ever. You know anything can happen. Few days you have stayed with me you know I am not a family guy. If I marry you they won't be able to protest. My boss who has raised me will stop bothering me for marriage and I do not have to be exclusive with you. We don't have to worry about children and grand children as we don't have elders. We will be married in the eyes of your society, your family and my boss but lead the life of a bachelor. You won't have to worry about chastity either. You can be a nun for all I care. I would never touch you.

His proposal was actually nice. What else I could want. I had a husband who won't be my husband and I can love my lord Krishna without thinking about marrying anyone else. The so called hypocrites of society can't complain. He would be happy with his life. I with mine. No strings attached.