Chapter 8

Here we were. The concert. I was nervous, but not as bad as some of the students. One of the girls looked as she was going to be sick.
"Guys! Listen up! you have worked so hard on these songs, and I know you got this. You need to go out there and show them that you aren't the same choir as before. I won't lie to you, there are quite a few people out there. But the lights will be bright on the stage, so you won't be able to see them. Go out there, and show them that you are amazing! I'm so proud of you guys!" Lexi smiled at me. Then everyone got into a circle. Lexi talked to them a little and by the end of her talk, nobody looked nervous. They looked as calm as one can be. I went out and introduced them and while they came out onto the risers I saw Lexi go to the piano and sit down. She looked at me and I nodded, I was in the front of the choir. Lexi started playing while one of the boys was singing their solo. Then she sang her solo and it sounded beautiful! The choir finished the first song then sang the song they had been working on, while I played piano. The choir sang 'Demons' while one of the boys played guitar. After they finished the four songs, one of the seniors came to the microphone. What was she doing?
"These past few weeks have been crazy. Our choir teacher had fallen and is on leave, leaving us with nobody. Someone whom I as well as many others in this choir look up to, came to fill in. She helped us grow not only vocally but in so many other ways. We arranged the next song in dedication to her. Thank you so much Demi." Three girls came down to the mic, a boy went to the piano, and another boy led me to the side. Then they started. They were singing my song. Lexi, and two other girls, Madison and Hailee, started the song. After the first verse they went back to join the others, finishing the song. They had sung 'Skyscraper'. They dedicated it to me. I was crying by now. When they finished, the crowd stood up clapping. Lexi came over and gave me a bouquet of roses. She smiled at me and I smiled back. Then the choir ran over giving me a hug. After the concert was over, everyone had left and Lexi and I met up at home. After her mom congratulated her, we went up to her room. She pulled me in for a hug and I bursted into tears. I loved her so much. I kissed her. We were on the bed when there was a knock on the door.

A/N: So this story is going to make a major dramatic turn. Stay tuned!!! I love you guys!!! ♥♥