Chapter Six

Nathaniel's POV

I watched her with an amused smirk on my face as she struggled up the staircase mumbling something under her breath. When she finally reached the top I turned back around and walked down the hall to her room dropping her bags in front of the door before opening it. I watched as her smile grew ten times bigger. I looked inside on the one wall there was a giant soccer field painted on the wall, there was a queen sized bed with black bedding and pink accents and shelves with a few soccer decorative things. On the other wall had two doors, one was a bathroom, the other was a walk in closet.

"Oh my god" was all she got out

I dropped her stuff on her bed and went to walk out, I turned on my heels to face her "Oh and by the way my room is next door so keep the noise down okay?"

"Sure thing" She mumbled again this time as I went to leave I bumped right into my mom and she gave me a disappointed look showing that she just heard my comment. I groaned and walked by her to my room plopping myself down on my bed before there was a knock at my door and mom walked in.

"Hi honey"

"Hey mom"

"I heard what you said to Savannah"

I went silent

"Please Nathaniel be nice. It's not my place to tell you but the poor girl has been through a lot"

"She seems fine to me"

"Okay Nathaniel whatever you say, but do me a favour and just talk to her. You two will be living together for a long time now and you can't go through life hating her. We already put up with you and Parker"

"Fine ma I'll talk to her later okay?"

"Thank you sweetie" She gave me a kiss on my head then left my room I grabbed my laptop watching youtube videos to kill time, not wanting to talk to Savannah just yet. Before I knew it I had stalled for two hours and soon we would have to go to bed so I decided to go not wanting to face my mom's rath. I trudged over to her room and knocked on the door, I heard a faint come in so that's what I did. "Hey" I said and stood in her doorway

"Hi" She was quiet for a moment and then asked "Why do you hate me? I mean Brayden warned me about Parker being a jerk but he's seeming a lot kinder than you" I felt like I had been punched in the chest "Why are you here?" I snapped back at her

"That's none of your business" she snapped back and after that we started yelling back and forth, saying hurtful things to each other that if we were being honest didn't mean. I finally out of nowhere Savannah started hyperventilating and collapsed on the floor in front of me where she had ended up moving during our argument. I rushed down beside her and shook her "Savannah?!" I yelled. Nothing. She was completely unconscious.

I scooped her up in my arms and rushed her out to my car in a panick. When we were on our way I called my mom "Nathaniel where the hell did you go?!" she yelled

"M-mom" my voice broke "I-it's Savannah Ma s-she collapsed"

"Oh my god! Are you taking her to the hospital?" her voice a panick

I nodded and then remembered I was on the phone with her so I took a deep breath "Yeah, can you meet me there?" she said yes and then hung up. I looked over at Savannah and felt like a complete jerk. I'm not normally like this, I don't know why I treated her like shit, I guess I wasn't expecting her, I didn't want her. My family was good the way it was with four boys and Brayden and Parker being gone half the time, we don't need her to come and change things. But here I am feeling like a complete ass hoping that she's okay. I park the car and pick Savannah up bridal style, she hadn't moved once since we got in the car and it was freaking me out.

"I need help" the nurse took one look at Savannah and motioned for me to come back we were put into a room and I placed Savannah on the bed. The nurse had a clipboard and started asking questions "Name of patient and age?"

"Savannah White, eighteen years old"

"Your relation to Miss White?"

I thought for a long moment until I said "Does it's complicated work" I offered a crooked smile and she slowly nodded "Your name?"

"Nathaniel Court" and she nodded again

"Does she have any allergies?"

"I.... uh...." I was cut off by hearing my mom

"Where's Savannah?!" she barged into our room and gasped. The nurse than turned to mom and started asking questions I went over to Savannah and sat in the chair beside her. I grabbed her hand and it fell limp in mine her hair was covering her face so I brushed it aside and laid my head on the side of the bed "I'm so sorry" I croaked out "I must be the biggest asshole"

"Nathaniel" I turned to see mom standing there with tears in her eyes, I got up and wrapped my arms around her "I'm sorry Ma, I never meant for this to happen" she stepped back "Nathaniel you promised to talk to her not fight with her. I can't keep doing this, first you and Parker and Brayden and now you and Savannah. Nate that's not fair"

"I never meant to start anything with her"

"Well you need to fix this" I lowered my head in defeat knowing that she was right.

"Why don't you go home for a little while. Come back in the morning?" she suggested and I agreed, I looked back at Savannah one last time before saying goodbye and walking out. When got home I went straight to my room where Brayden was already waiting

"You screwed up. Again"

"I know" I plopped down on my bed beside him

"Is she gonna be okay?"

"I don't know" I felt my heart ache

"Damnit Nate she got here like five hours ago"

"Maybe now she'll leave" I mumbled

"And go where?" he challenged. Right, where would she go? Why is she here in the first place?