Nove

AUTHOR'S NOTE: THIS BOOK WILL CONTAIN VULGAR LANGUAGE. IT WILL ALSO CONTAIN A LOT OF STRUGGLES, ANGER, AND ARGUMENTS. BUT IT IS PART OF THIS WATTPAD NOVEL - TO SHOW THE TYPE OF STRUGGLES THAT DO HAPPEN IN REAL LIFE. PLEASE ENJOY AND CONTINUE READING :) YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT! THANK YOU SO, SO, SO MUCH!

NOT EDITED*

__________________________________________________________

The street was only three blocks away from Noah’s house. It was a smaller lane with five houses and streetlights that dimly lit the surrounding areas. At one end of the street was an intersection with a traffic light that switched from green to red randomly when there was no traffic. Cars barely passed through here this late at night.

It was the perfect place to rollerblade.

Evan and I used to come around here late in the evening to practice rollerblading. His friend used to live in one the houses and occasionally joined us on our evening activities. It was fun and making it a challenge was even more fun.

“We’re rollerblading?” Noah asked incredulous, holding Evan’s rollerblades up by the laces. “This was your idea of having fun?”

“I think it’s fun,” I admitted with a shrug. “And your mom told me you used to rollerblade with her before you hit puberty and became a teenager.”

Noah sat on the curb and laced up the rollerblades on his feet. I thanked the heavens that Evan and Noah somewhat had the same shoe size. If they hadn’t, this would’ve been a disastrous plan and Noah would’ve still been at home, beating himself up.

I’m not sure why I cared about the wellbeing of such an insensitive jerk who most likely didn’t give a damn about me, but I knew what fueled my patience for him.

We were similar in ways him and many others weren’t aware about.

Situations shouldn’t define who you are, but it does affect what your outlook on life is. The more time I spent with Noah, the more I understood tiny fragments of the big picture.

“But he died right next to you and you didn’t even know what happened,” Paul bluntly said to Noah, who looked torn apart and angry at the same time.

His brother died not even four months ago and as far as I knew it, he didn’t know how Nick died. He was there, but he didn’t remember a single thing. If I was present in the death of Evan, but couldn’t recall a single memory, I would be devastated and continue to beat myself up for it my entire life. I was afraid to know the answer – to hear more of this horrid truth that wreaked havoc in Noah’s life. He lost his brother and had to carry the burden of such a heavy mistake that wasn’t even his own.

“You don’t have to constantly remind me that I’m your fucking screwed up son because I already know. You treat me like crap. And the way you hardly look and talk to me is enough proof that you’re ashamed of me,” Noah spat in disgust.

Then there was Paul, who was supposed to be a supporting father, but made Noah feel like the worst son in the entire world although he didn’t admit it. He expected so much from the seventeen-year-old male, constantly reminded him of a loved one’s death, indirectly blamed him for it, and made a future for Noah that Noah didn’t even want. They lacked a bond a father and a son should share. Noah not only lost his brother, he lost his father too.

 “These two idiots threw their beer at me and decided to jump me because I was a murderer,” Noah finally said when I drove onto the main road, but I could hear the rigidness in his tone.

“He’s only an ass because society made him that way,” Callum defended with finality.

And then there was society. Society was cruel. Society made assumptions, quick and harsh judgments, and ruthless criticism over every single human-being on the face of Earth.