s e v e n t y s i x

$ s e v e n t y s i x $

Miran placed her hands on his shoulders  to hold him down with her weight and looked down at him with a victorious grin spread across her face. She was straddling him and he watched her with surprise. "You learned...just by watching them?" Baekhyun asked her, raising an eyebrow at her. He knew from Jongin that Jiyeon was having a difficult time grasping how to fight, but then there was Miran who learned a tackle by looking at Jongin doing it to Jiyeon.

Baekhyun should have known that it would be easy for her. When they lived in the house in the woods, he remembered he asked Taeil to teach Miran their signature two moves. She had gotten lost because she learned in a matter of a few minutes and Taeil tried to teach her something new.

She gave a nod of her head in response to his question. "I just watched very carefully and copied it exactly how he did it."

He saw her distracted for a second, the pressure from her hands on his shoulders had lessened, since she had been able to tackle him and pin him down easily. Baekhyun saw his chance and flipped her over, now being the one on top. The pack's leader grinned down at her, grabbing both her wrists and pinning them up above her head. She tried to get her arms free, but he was putting a lot of weight against her. "One important lesson is that you have to be prepared for everything. You did well in taking me down. But see how I was able to flip you during your little distraction? You thought it was over, but it really wasn't."

Miran looked down at their legs, an idea coming to her. He was straddling her now and his eyes followed her gaze. His eyes widened as he read the look on her face like a book, immediately knowing what thought flashed into her mind. "Don't even think about it, babe." He quickly said, pulling back his hand which was holding her wrists above her head. He used it instead to shield his goods. He rolled off her and sat next to her. "But that was a good idea though. Whenever you can, just go for the package. It's a man's weakest spot."

She rolled her eyes playfully. "I noticed."

"What else have you learned from watching Kai and Blitz?" He wondered, genuinely curious of how many more tackles and attacks she had mastered in the week of watching their two younger members.

Miran thought about it for a second, trying to recall which other moves she wanted to try out on him. "I saw him trying to teach her a move that involved flipping someone who's coming at you onto their back. But he didn't really use it on her because I could tell he was holding back. Can I try it on you?" She asked, pushing herself onto her feet. 

Baekhyun nodded his head. 

-

After another week of living at the Jackals' house, Miran had decided to talk to Minho. She wanted to help the Pack rebuild quicker, and in order to do that, she was going to ask the member of the Jackals for a favor. That morning, Junmyeon and Baekhyun had gone to the Nightingale without him. Onew had some other errands for Minho to run, and once he was done, he returned to the house for a little while.

Miran found him in the living room, making a phone call about the incoming shipment of alcohol for the night club. He had just gotten off the phone when she walked into the room.

"Minho oppa, I have a big favor to ask you." She began with some hesitance.

He looked up from his phone screen, and smiled at her politely, ready to hear her request. But there was a hint of confusion on his face. Minho and the other members of the Jackals got along well with the Pack, but he hardly had any contact with the women--Jiyeon and Miran. It mostly had to do with the fact that they girls were newer members of the Pack. They knew the men from before, and had a long standing friendship with them.

Minho nodded his head and waited for her to speak.

"Light told me about your business with the alcohol--how your club uses women to lure men in and spend lots of money." She explained and he once again nodded his head. It was an idea that she thought the Pack should adopt themselves, once they got back on their feet and could get their land back. "Jiyeon and I were wondering if you would give us a job at the club? We really want to help our Pack rebuild so we can stop being a burden for you guys."

"You want to work for me?" He asked her, the confused look on his face remaning. 

Baekhyun and Junmyeon were already working for him, helping with the business at the club. Onew had talked to the rest of his Pack and informed them that he was thinking about giving the Wolves little jobs which mostly involved patrolling his property and protecting it from enemy attacks. That was as a favor to Baekhyun and Junmyeon, who practically begged him for the chance to pay them back by working off the debt. 

Miran nodded. "I know you gave Light a job, and I want to help too."

He thought about it for a moment. He had women who worked for him at the night club, but none that were directly connected to him personally. They were just women that he employed under the promise that they could earn a lot of money without having to work very much.

"I don't think that's such a good idea." He said to her, crinkling up his nose. "I don't think working there is the place for you. We normally employ young women who don't have any personal connection to us." That was normally foreign women who were in the country and wanted to make quick money, not caring how they got it.

"Please oppa." Miran begged, bringing her hands together as she pleaded to him.

But he refused once again. He didn't think the alcohol business was something for the women in their family to get involved. "Do you think Light and Kai would be okay with that?" He wondered, knowing that he wouldn't be on board if he had a girlfriend who was putting herself in some sort of danger by seducing other men and luring them into a club.

"I don't think I have to run all my decisions by Light." Miran said, a bit bothered that he asked her if Baekhyun would be okay with it, as though she were his possession.

He quickly knew that he had chosen his words wrong. He had only meant to deter her from wanting to work at the club, out of respect for his friendship with Baekhyun and the Pack. "I guess I can let you work at my club. But you'll be assigned to table service first. Just serving and delivering drinks to the tables."

Miran nodded, agreeing to anything as long as she could help Baekhyun pay the Jackals back.

"Thank you, Minho oppa." She threw her arms around him for a hug.

He informed her that she could go with him to the club that night. Miran skipped off to find Jiyeon and tell her the news, that they had been hired to work at the Nightingale

The Pack was one step closer to recovering.

-

another update for you all tonight. i'll probably post another one in the morning, before i go to work for the day. so the movie "how to be a latin lover" was amazing. i highly recommend that you all watch it. eugenio derbez is super funny, and his son vadhir was in it too. and that vadhir is bae af. afterwards we went to the mall and i spent money like crazy at forever 21, aeropostale, charlotte russe, and hollister. sigh. but it was worth it.

anyway, i hope you're all liking this story. there are about twenty four updates left in this story. so the count down can begin.

thank you for reading.

-clary