Chapter 33

It was massive. His house, nothing else, get your mind out of the gutter.

It was as beautiful on the inside as it was on the outside, everything was minimalistic and tidy, something you didn't expect from a man that lived on his own.

Before you could open your mouth to awe about where you were standing, Mark spoke up "It's not much but it's home" he smiled as he admired his own house. The smile he had on his face was the same as the one from earlier, one of great pride.

You were snapped out of your daydream by a slight tip-tapping sound, you glanced out of the window to see if it was raining, nope. As you turned your head around to face the same way your body was, you saw it. A giant bundle of fluff running straight towards you.

Their gentle angelic fur flew and bounced along to the rhythm of their paws, it seemed as though they were headed for you until they turned off at the last second and pounced onto Mark.

"Hey chica-peeca, how have you been my gorgeous girl?" Mark cooed at the dog, bending his knees slightly while holding her paws up so she was sitting on her hind legs. It kinda looked like a still image of them dancing together.

So she's a girl and her name is Chica. 

You grinned at how cute the scene was, Chica looked up at Mark with such love and affection and Mark looked down at Chica as though she was his entire world. 

She tilted her head to the side and looked at you, her pink tongue flopping out of her smiling jaws. She pulled herself away from Mark and slowly made her way towards you, Mark watched intently as she walked towards you, one paw step at a time.

When she stopped and turned her head back to Mark he said "It's okay, she's a friend, you can say 'Hello'" to her as though he was giving her permission to go near you. You'd never seen a dog so big be so shy. 

As she came closer to you, you attempted to crouch so you could pat her head or stroke her ears but a slight twinge of pain attacked your leg. You quickly grabbed your crutch  again to regain your strength.

You didn't realise but in your moment of weakness, Chica had flinched backwards, she probably thought that she had hurt you.

As soon as you noticed this you slowly lowered yourself to the ground so you were in a sitting position, "No, bub, it wasn't you" you told the fluffy canine, "It's okay, promise" you confirmed with her and held your hand out.

She hesitantly looked at Mark, who nodded to her, and continued to sniff your hand. You sneaked your hand around from her snout and placed it on the side of her head, giving her a little tickle just to make sure she was okay with you.

Instantly her grin was back on her face and she leaned her head into your hand; although, her ears drooped slightly when she looked at the stitches on your upper thigh. She put her head closer to it, probably so she could see it better.

You glanced up at Mark, who looked both sad and concerned by Chica's actions, but there was a hint of awe as though he liked the picture that was in front of him.

Your attention was brought back to Chica when you felt a rough tongue gently brush against your stitches, it hurt a little bit but you tried your hardest not to show it in case you panicked or startled her.

"Alright girl, that's enough" Mark laughed and the pooch's head shot up at the sound of his voice "Who wants to go outside?" he said in a high pitched baby voice. You all know the voice.

Chica danced around on the spot, her little claws making a pitter patter sound on the glossy floor boards. All of a sudden she shot off out of sight.

Mark chuckled to himself and helped you up off of the floor and made sure you were stable before he shot off into the same direction as Chica. You assumed he was going to let her into the garden to do her business.

While Mark was attending to her you took it upon yourself to admire his house some more, you wandered into the kitchen and saw a giant glass window that looked out onto a patio that had a swimming pool. 

As you were taking in the atmospheric landscape of Mark's garden you saw Chica's butt begin to emerge from behind the wall, she was pulling a toy that Mark was holding onto the end of. She pulled it with all her might and shook her head, you watched as Mark's foot became dangerously close to the edge of the pool.

With a mighty swish of her head, Chica yanked Mark towards the pool and before you could say anything you watched him plunge under the water, still in his work uniform.

Luckily, not a drop of water hit Chica.

Mark's head submerged from the surface, he was laughing like a goof and hoisted himself out, he was completely soaked from head to toe.