Chapter 31: I may or may not have had an obsession with you...

"Did he ask you out yet?" Sandra asked me as we stood in the lunch line.

I shook my head, my teeth gritted slightly. "Nope."

"Don't be upset, why don't you ask him out?" She asked.

"I feel like I'm the only one doing things in whatever it is that we have, a relationship, I don't know." I replied.

"He'll ask you out soon, I just know it." Lola stated, a smile on her face.

I rolled my eyes. "I hope so."

We made our way outside. In celebration of the better weather, we were going outside to watch the guys play a short game of football. Unlike the low twenties of this past week, its 60 degrees Fahrenheit today, which is surprisingly warm for a winter like this one has been so far.

We sat next to the protective gate, grabbing a seat on the bleachers. It was also beside the small table where they keep drinks during the game. Grayson offered me a cheesy smile as he and the guys spread out on the field. We watched as they threw the ball back and forth, avoiding tackles by swerving around each other.

They called a break ten minutes in so Kyle could get something to drink. So he wouldn't have to walk all the way around to the gate entrance, Lola brought his water bottle towards the small table, smiling at him as she did. "Audrey."

I turned my attention towards Grayson, who was standing there with a smile on his face. I raised an eyebrow. "Yeah?" I watched as he jumped over the table, as if it were nothing. If I were in his position, I would have to prep for an hour in order to climb over it. In fact, I'd probably just climb under it, but here he was- jumping over tables as if it's taking steps.

"Come here." He waved his hand at me as if telling me to go over to him; Sandra giggled quietly while I shot her a glare. He leaned in to kiss me but I took a step back. He frowned and I held back a smirk. "What'd I do?"

"It seems as if you've forgotten my rule." I told him, poking him in the chest.

He furrowed his eyebrows before sucking his teeth. "Do you mean the rule about not kissing guys who aren't your boyfriend?"

I nodded. "That's the one."

He laughed as he grabbed my hand that was poking him in the chest. He tangled our fingers together and kissed the back of my hand, sending shivers down my spine. "You seemed to have broken that rule on Saturday."

I shrugged. "Well, I'm enforcing the rule now."

"That rule simply states that you can't kiss guys that aren't your boyfriend, not that they can't kiss you." He told me.

I narrowed my eyes at him. "I'll change it. Guys can't kiss me unless they ask me out."

He groaned before he looked down at me. Quickly pressing his lips to mine, he backed away, dropping our entwined hands. I glared at him before advancing towards him. "You idiot!"

"I prefer the term rebel!" He replied as he hoped over the table with ease and ran towards the field, where Kyle and Carson were tossing the ball around. Shane was resting against the opposite side of the fence a few feet away from me; his hands were roaming over his phone screen.

"Show off." He muttered absentmindedly. "He's probably a terrible kisser, too."

"Awe, are you becoming an emotional teenage girl?" I asked. I glanced out at the field and Grayson blew me a kiss, to which I blew a raspberry in response.