05 | strongest

[July 2nd X791 ]

{after the games finish for the day}

"To think that that Yukino girl had actually bet her life and lost..." Lucy said, slightly in disbelief at the wager of the battle between the two, Yukino and Kagura.

"That Kagura is strong, it was foolish of that Sabertooth mage to make such a deal without having ever seeing her opponent fight." Ariana stated as she crossed her arms over her chest as she too was thinking about the battle in her head. "She didn't even draw her sword..." she had muttered to herself.

"And not to mention that Yukino has the 13th key... I never thought it would be a spirit like that." Lucy said, remembering the large snake beast.

The two girls turned to Natsu and Wendy, who was being rather quiet, when he would usually be so loud and talkative. They understood that Wendy was rather quiet, she had never really been one to talk so much, and after her recent experience, they completely understood.

Ariana was about to say something when she noticed that Natsu had actually been sniffing at the air. She then raised her nose up into the sky and took in a deep smell of a seemingly familiar scent, one that she realized that Natsu had been smelling all along.

"Speaking of Yukino..." the blonde mumbled, and looked towards where they were headed.

Leaning on the brick wall of their hotel, said white haired mage was standing alone beside the door that they were about to enter.

The guild members of Fairy Tail were rather suspicious of the mage, but they also somewhat pitied her as well. She look like a kind and caring soul, and she had just lost so terribly and she had bet something so valuable and lost.

"It's the girl from Sabertooth!" Wendy said as she finally realized who it was. "What's she doing here..." the blue haired slayer thought and narrowed her eyes slightly. Wendy had always been one for looking at the best in people, but after what had happened to her recently, she had trouble trusting people. She really had hoped that Yukino was only here for friendly reasons and nothing more.

♛♛♛

"So, what is it that you're doing here?" Lucy had questioned once they had brought Yukino inside. They'd first checked if she was okay first, looking for wounds or cuts on her body, and had Wendy see if she was perfectly fine after the brutal battle she had just endured. They may be competitors, but they wouldn't turn their backs on someone who could be in the need of their help.

"Actually, I came here to see you, Lucy." Yukino stated simply.

The blonde celestial mage had her brown eyes widen significantly with surprise. "See me? What about?" she questioned further.

"My guild. I had just..." Yukino had paused, almost as if searching for the right words to describe it. "Left. I came here because I have something that I would like to discuss with you."

Natsu narrowed his eyes and crossed his arms over his chest. "Did your guild send you here to mess with us or something?" he accused, while earning a scolding slap on the arm from Ariana. The blonde knew that Sabertooth wasn't the kindest of all guilds, but they surely wouldn't do something like that.

"We'll just let her say what she needs to say Natsu, don't make assumptions." Ariana said, well, not yet at least.

"I realize this is out of the blue but," she said and reached in her pocket, drawing a suspicious look from Natsu as he looked closer at what she was about to pull out, and see if it was harmful in anyway. It was nothing harmful, but in fact, helpful. "I was wondering if you could take these."" Yukino finished as she placed her two golden keys on the table separating her from the Fairy Tail guild members.