08 : Seeing Him

Later that day, I am in lecture sitting alone because all of my friends decided to skip and not tell me

Later that day, I am in lecture sitting alone because all of my friends decided to skip and not tell me. I vowed to be a good classmate and take great notes for them, but I just wasn't feeling it today. I had other, much more enjoyable things floating through my head. I'm happy to receive a text to distract me. I get happier when I see who sent it.

Mickey: You in class?

I stare at the message, wondering why he would have sent it. My professor is going on and on about his off-topic tangent, so I text him back.

Me: Yes. It's super lame.

Mickey texts back almost immediately.

Mickey: I'm done with 

the shoot now so I can 

eat whatever I want!

Do you know a place 

can get legit Mexican 

food?

Me: Yes! It's called 

El Jefe's. About 10 

minutes from the 

hotel

Mickey: You busy 

after class?

Come eat with me.

My stomach growls in the quiet room. I wouldn't pass on going to my favorite place, so I reply yes. The professor ends class a few minutes early and I walk to my car.

♡♡♡

When I make it to the restaurant, the place is the complete opposite of busy. I see him sitting in a booth at the edge by the windows. He's wearing a button-down, short-sleeved shirt and has thick-framed glasses on. Combined with his incredibly short haircut, he's giving off a confusing mix of hipster and bad boy vibes. I wonder what kind of vibes my sweatpants give off.

He looks up at me as I walk over. "Hey, thanks for coming," he says. He stands and gives me a quick hug. I return it happily.

"I promise this place is better than it looks," I say as I scoot into the booth across from him.

He chuckles. "I trust you."

We look over the menu and decide to get the spread: fajitas, enchiladas, and fully-loaded nachos. The waitress, Claudia, looks very amused as she takes our order, eyeing us both suspiciously. "Él es tu novio?" she asks me. She's a good enough acquaintance to be aware of my relationship status.