CHAPTER 68: The truth

Start from the beginning

-"I hope you're doing well. The girls and I are doing good, so you don't have to worry about us at all", I said, rubbing my hand on the stone gently.

-"I know we barely know eachother. I know you have no idea of my secret life, and neither do I, of yours. Yet, I know you are someone I can trust", I said, feeling unexplainable tears seep through my eyelids.

-"Harry, my fiance.. He hurt me psychologically. It might not be his fault. I mean, I know it isn't his fault. He can get crazy when he's drunk, and I need to understand that", I sighed, letting my hand fall onto my lap.

-"I think it's all my fault. It wasn't his intention to hurt me, I know it. It's all my fault, for jumping to conclusions and not letting go of my past", I said.

-"That's all I really have to say... I'll visit you a lot Sara. We all miss you, I always felt comfortable around you somehow... As if we had known eachother for ages", I said.

-"You have", I heard from my back.

I turned around and saw Sara's mum.

The girls were looking at us from afar, but they could not listen.

-"Excuse me?", I asked, standing up and dusting off my clothes.

-"Jade, you don't remember me?", she asked.

How weird..

-"I uh... I..", I hesitated.

-"Of course you don't remember... I know a lot of things happened to you in high school and all that, Jade", she said.

-"I'm sorry but I don't remember anything", I said.

She smiled at me, yet her sad eyes didn't hold happiness.

-"You were in a car crash Jade", she said. I furrowed my eyebrows and tilted my head.

-"I used to be your neighbour Jade, can't you remember?", she asked.

-"I'm sorry, but I can't remember anything like that. It even feels like as if it never happened", I said.

-"The day your father left... What do you remember about that day?", she asked.

I frowned and scratched my neck. Should I trust her?

Curiousity got the best part of me.

-"My parents were fighting, and I hid in the shower. Then I came out, and my dad packed up his stuff and left. I tried to stop him but he shut the door right on my face", I said. Tears were forming in my eyes. I sniffed and passed my finger under my nose.

-"You remember that? Or did your mother tell you about it?", she said.

She was actually right. I don't remember it graphically. My mum had told me about it.

-"My mum", I breathed.

-"Look, honey. I am not sure if I can tell you or if I am supposed to do so, so you choose. Would you like me to tell you the truth?", she asked.

My face automatically changed into a worried one.

-"I'd like my mum to tell me", I said.

She inhaled and nodded, welcoming me into a hug.

-"I'd just like to tell you... Sara was very happy to see you when you guys were put up into a group. She was excited. She called me and told me how beautiful and grown up you were, and when the tragic accident happened she was on her way to meet me at home and tell me about everything", she cried.

I let her snuggle into my shoulder, and we both suffered together fpr a while.

[Leigh's POV]

We watched as they embraced. What is happening?