Forty Four- I Need To Confess

I spent the following two days in hospital, my parents and Jackson spent a lot of time with me and I knew it was affecting them each in a different way. My dad kept having flashbacks to when I was in hospital after the accident all those years ago, my mum was just angry, not at me but at the fact I had been brought to the brink of exhaustion, and Jackson... Well Jackson was angry too. He seemed to be suffering silently though. Everyone else thought he was fine, he put on the smiles when everyone else was in the room, but I saw something behind his eyes. I saw the pain, the tiredness. I saw myself in him, but in the worst way.

Maddi, Elena and Bianca had all stopped by once, they offered their apologies and although I didn't completely forgive them, I accepted their apologies and agreed to catch up with them properly when I was well enough so we could talk and just be friends like we used to. Joel came by as often as he possibly could during the two days, often bringing me little gifts like cheeseburgers and other small food items I couldn't get from the hospital cafeteria. He didn't ask me any questions nor get mad, upset or anything. If he was feeling angry or upset, he certainly hid it well. I appreciated it though, he didn't ask me any questions about the night of the concert or why he found me the way he did, but he was always there if I wanted to tell him anything. (A/n get yourself a Joel)

And Lauren, well she'd agreed to let me meet Brody. He knew who I was, not only because I was famous, but apparently Lauren had told him about us being best friends. However she had not told him we were more than that. I will admit, that hurt. But I understood why.

I had spoken with my band members and managers as well. We've agreed that in two weeks time to hold a meeting that will discuss the immediate future of our band. What our managers don't realise however, is that my band and I have agreed to go on hiatus. We will release one final single, as already planned, and then we will take a six-twelve month hiatus to focus on finding ourselves again. It'll give us the chance to rest, live our lives with our families again, and hopefully redesign ourselves so that when we do reform, we'll have more experiences to write about, more stories to tell in our music. We all agreed that we all needed the break and that it was long overdue. And we all agreed that we do want to continue with the band after the break, it means too much to us to abandon.

There was only one thing from stopping me from actually enjoying my holiday, Melissa. She had made her presence known twice in person and consistently via phone calls and messages. She'd send me a message each morning saying "6 days..." "5 days..." etc. it was causing my anxiety to sky rocket. I had to think of a way to deal with her soon or else my past was going to be released to the world, and likely exaggerated and worsened.

Today, after finally being released from the hospital, Dad drove me back home where I was finally able to enjoy the comfort of my own bed. I spent the day mostly sitting either in bed or on the couch playing video games. I asked that no one come visit me as I needed some time alone. It was peaceful, mum and Dad were both at work and Jackson was at school. I had the entire house to myself, something I hadn't had in years, private time.

I didn't have any plans for the day other than to simply enjoy my peace and quiet. I was on strict bed rest orders for at least another two days before I was allowed to get up and get back to drumming or even just going out.

It was around 1pm when I finished playing video games, getting tired of playing. Something I definitely never thought I would say. I had an itching to go play drums, however I had been told if "Chloe if you go anywhere near those drums before you're fully rested and back to 100% then I will personally smash them and you." By my mother. I did not want her to destroy my drums so I decided it was best not to attempt to play them for now. I searched through Netflix, desperately searching for something to distract me long enough for the day to go by before anyone would get home.