Coulrophobia

Coulrophobia~Fear of Clowns.

"Right this way," Alfred Pennyworth said, leading Darcy into the living room.

Bruce Wayne turned to her with a stone expression.

"Give me one good reason why I shouldn't turn you in to the police right here. Right now."

"I have some valuable information that could be of use to you," she said. She took a seat and leaned her head against her arm.

She had gotten here after running to check on Edward, who was fine, he was just knocked unconscious.

"About Scarecrow?"

"About a former ally. I'm sure you know Ra's Al Ghul."

He tensed and she smiled, halfheartedly.

"You didn't come just to tell me he was back," Bruce said. "So what do you want?"

"We have a common enemy," she said, clicking her tongue. "I propose an agreement of sorts. We work together to take Ghul out."

"And in return?"

"You kill or put away a very powerful and dangerous man. It's a win-win."

"I don't kill," he said.

"Of course you don't. But I do. This is personal to me and if we work together we're unstoppable. It's only an offer, take it or leave it. I just thought you'd prefer that route than me tearing apart Gotham to find him."

He stare at her for a long moment, deep in thought and then inhaled.

"We go by my rules. No one gets hurt and don't break any laws. You're under my supervision."

She held up her hands and smiled, standing to her feet.

"I'll be in touch," she called. "And Bruce....don't go prying about Ra's and I's past. Remember, I'm still a criminal."
  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"What is this?" Darcy stared at the image before her.

Edward had texted her coordinates which had led her to a fancy restaurant that was abandoned. Edward alone, in his classic green suit stood at a table.

He looked tidier than usual and Darcy could smell cologne.

He pulled out her chair and she sat. He took his seat and smiled at her.

"How many lives did you have to threaten to get this place vacant?"

He chuckled. "Three and a bank robbery."

"Ah, that explains it. So what's the occasion?"

"Can't a person treat his friend to dinner?"

"Fast food, yes. Not this fancy though."

"We're criminals," Edward said. "It's not like we're average!"

"Mhm."

"I took the liberty of ordering for you."

Darcy paused as the waiter came over and sat food and drinks in front of them.

Wine and a Caesar salad.

He had the same drink and a steak.

Darcy pressed her lips together and began to eat.

"So who is this Moriarty character?" Edward asked.

"He's an old friend that pays me to assassin others."

"So you two are close?"

Darcy looked up at him. "Yes. We're close."

He looked at his fork and played with his food. "I mean...how close?"

"If I didn't know any better, I'd say you were jealous," she smiled at him.

He quickly composed himself. "I'm just curious."

She began tapping her fingernails on the table.

"Do you have something you wish to tell me?"

He ran a nervous hand through his hair.

"Darcy. We've been friends for a long time and I want to ask you-"

Bang!

And all the sudden there was a hole in side of the building. A figure stepped onto the rubble.

"Jonathan," Riddler hissed.

Darcy smirked to herself as Scarecrow walked toward their table. He took his seat and waved the waiter over.

The waiter now had a card on his hat. The Mad Hatter obviously was helping Scarecrow.

Jonathan looked over at Darcy's meal and chuckled.

"Two waters, one cheeseburger and fries and for myself, stir fry."

Darcy hid her huge smile behind her hand as Edward glared daggers at Jonathan.

"What are you doing here?" Edward asked through gritted teeth.

Jonathan smiled. "Having dinner with a beautiful woman."

He pulled out a can and sprayed Edward in the face.

Riddler coughed and then fell back unconscious.

"I'm impressed," Darcy said.
"Not many know what I eat."

"He ruined his changes as soon as he said wine."

Darcy nodded. "True. But he didn't just come barging in the restaurant."

Jonathan leaned forward and ran his hands through Darcy's wavy hair. He kissed her and pulled back.

"Yes, but I pay attention to you...Now I've got tickets for a showing of The Phantom of the Opera...how about we blow this place?"

"You already blew it up."

"You know what I mean."

She smiled and took his hand.

"Alright, Dr. Crane...I'm in."