Chapter 4 - So Close

"I close my eyes and see you there. I open them and see the solutions to all my problems.              I am immortal and your mortal...to this locked door the key is love."

I am standing out in the rain, my clothes are soaking wet as the water drips from the tips of my hair. The oncoming storm has finally arrived. It took a little more sunshine before the storm kicked in. It hasn't stopped raining in hours and the streets are empty, not a human in sight.

I am outside again I don't know why though, I can't think straight my mind is clouded. I paced the entire castle twice, got the servants to clean the place after that then sent them away to rest. I grabbed my coat and rushed out after that. I needed fresh air to clear my mind, though all I got was the rain. I didn't know what to do or where to go but I didn't feel like going back inside either.

The more I stand here I feel my mind calm down just by zoning out of everything. Then I remember everytime I missed him by only minutes and steps away. The quiet rain becomes a thunder storm in my mind and I wish it calm me down again. I slide down the side of the building and close my eyes. I can picture and see him come alive in my mind. I wish to reach out and let our fingertips touch. I see him dance, putting on a show for me and I wish to dance with him. Though when I reach out my arms all that greets me is the rain.

The sun sets behind the gray clouds as another day comes to an end, I beg to God that with the ending of the day all my sorrow is gone like the rain water evaporating when the sun comes out again.

It's not long before the moonlight starts to shine its light from behind the cloud. I hope that with the rising moon it will bring be the pleasure, joy and happiness that I seek.

After a while even though it's late and I am usually wake at this time, the rain has become like a lullaby to me. I close my eyes and let the rain water pour over me. I am immortal and so the cold weather does not affect me. No illness or anything as such would stop me from being here. Nothing can stop me from finding my inner peace. Of course there is only a few people that know that of what I really am.

He is mortal and there are lots of things that can stop me from his will of freedom. There are lots of things that can stop us from meeting. Though I shall put them all aside to meet him. No matter how long it takes, one day we shall meet. If he likes me then it will be a dream come true. If not at least I have met the boy I dream to be with. Either way these happy thoughts calm the storm inside me , as the one outside continues to pour down.

I open my eyes and get up walking inside. I hang up my coat and take off my shoes before going to have a shower. Minutes later I let the warm water rush over my body, it's a different feeling than the cold water outside. After a nice shower I get dressed into some casual clothes and my cape. I go and sit right beside the window watching the rain that I was once out in. I wonder when it will stop, I am not sure if I want it to end or not so I just let nature take its course.

Time passes on as nothing seems to change, soon the sun will come up again and a new day will begin. I am lost in my own thoughts once more, not sure if it should be called dreaming or day-dreaming. As my thoughts drift off to an imaginary place in my mind, I do not see the boy being forcefully pulled away from the park that he loves to go to.

Its minutes after that the sun rises and starts to shine in the sky again, that's when I start to feel tired once more. I just go and lay down on my bed with a sigh. I do not bother to get changed or anything that can be done when I wake up again. Yet again I close my eyes hoping to dream of him, hoping to dream of something that's not too far away from reality.