Chapter 1

Dušica's P.O.V.

The sound of the alarm woke me up. Ahh, I just want to sleep. I took another pillow from the bed and put it on my face, not even bothering to look at my phone.

After a good five minutes alarm started again. Dammit, I really need to get up. I took my phone from the night table that was next to my bed and turn off the alarm.

God, it is only 4 am and I need to be up. Our flight is at 7, why I couldn't sleep more??? But I'm finally moving to NYC. I have been waiting for this for too long. I slowly got up from the bed and went to the bathroom to take a short shower. I guess I have time to introduce myself now.

So, my name is Dušica, and I'm 17 years old. I was born in Serbia, but I moved to England when I was 6, and I lived here since then. Now it's time to move to NYC.

My mother is originally from there, but she moved to Serbia when she met my father.

I really can't wait to see my grandparents again, it was too long since the last time I saw them.

Oh, and I'm finally going to see my best friend again. Mia. She has been my best friend since we were six.

We met in London but she is originally from Serbia as well, her family is so nice and I and my parents were lucky to have such good neighbors.

Unfortunately, she moved to New York two years ago. We used to spend summers together and now I'm going to be in the same school as her, I really couldn't be happier.

I got out of the shower and took a towel to dry my body. After that I brushed my teeth and hair. I went into my room and immediately regret that I didn't listen to my mom and found what to wear for today last night. Although my dresser is half empty now I still have a lot of clothes and no idea what to wear. After a few minutes, I  took black, skinny jeans and a white shirt. I opened the door and went downstairs. I met my parents in the kitchen.

(speaking Serbian)

"Good morning mom, dad" I kissed them both on the cheeks.

"Morning sweetie" my dad greeted, "How was your night?"

"Night? Seriously dad? I didn't even sleep for five hours. And if anyone knows how much I love to sleep then, that's you"

They just laughed at me while I took a plate with pancakes my mom's already made for me. Gosh, I love it when she cooks.

They were talking about flight today but I was too busy with my pancakes so I didn't even bother listening.

When I finished with food I put a plate away and look at my parents

"So, are we ready to go?" I asked them excitedly.

"Now we are" mom answered and wrapped her arm around my shoulders.

We came to the airport and waited awhile for our plane to come. Private jet. When we all were comfortable in our seats, I took my phone from pocket and texted Mia that I am ready to go. I smiled at though about us being together again. I moved my head so I could look through the window and soon enough drifted off to sleep.