Alya's Last Battle and First Goodbye

"Walking down this endless highway. With nothing but my friends beside me. We'll never give in, we'll never rest."

***

Alya's PoV

"I wonder what she's doing after this," I mused as I moved a bench into place in front of the stage that Professor Sycamore set up outside. From across the aisle way, Alain shrugged his shoulders. He placed the final bench down and stood to survey the place that Sycamore, he, and I put together all night. People were already starting to gather and take seats, facing the stage.

"She's the only one that hasn't decided, but I assume she's going to keep traveling. Training to be a better performer," he answered, walking over to me and grabbing my hand. He led us to the back so we weren't in anyone's way, but could still watch the show. A few moments later, Professor Sycamore took the stage.

"Hello everyone!" he greeted. "This is a special event; a special show brought to you by Tripokalon Performers!" Just as he finished, two pokémon moves collided above the stage, creating an explosion. Out from the smoke jumped Serena and her three pokémon, all in their performing outfits. Next to her came Shauna with her Ivysaur and Flabebe.

"Please, enjoy!" the two girls shouted in unison. After that, they began their jointed routines.

"I've never seen Serena perform before!" Mairin exclaimed in happiness, finally joining us after helping do some things with Sycamore. "Isn't it pretty, Chespie?" Her starter cheered by her side.

"There you guys are!" Ash shouted in relief, running over to us with Clemont and Bonnie. I gave them a wave, but my eyes were transfixed on the performers on stage. At the last minute, Jessilee showed up. All the semi-finalists from the Master Class were on one stage.

"Hey, Alain! Let's dance!" Marin grinned, grabbing a hold of his arm. Everyone in the plaza were encourage to join in. People and pokémon alike were all dancing and having a wonderful time right along with the girls on stage.

"Uh...No, I..." He trailed off nervously.

"Come on, hurry! Hurry!" I nudge him forward, a huge smile plastered on my face. The look of fright he had on his face made me burst into laughter.

"Those who enjoy themselves are the winners!" Each of us stopped to see Professor Sycamore joining in on the fun. He had his hands in his pockets as he watched us.

"Good luck, Alain!"

"Professor...?" he trailed off uncertainly. Mairin let go of his arm and ran to a small clearing.

"Come on!" she pressed, starting to dance on her own. I laughed and went over to her, starting to dance with her. I picked her up and spun her, before putting her back on the ground. "Alain, join us!" He finally nodded and came over to us. Three of us started our own little dance circle, full of giggles and Alain's rigid, awkward movements.

"Finish!" The girls yelled in unison after a few minutes. They were all on stage, holding their hands up, soaking in the cheers and claps that everyone gave them. I clapped along with them, taking in deep breaths to calm my racing heart.

After a few minutes, the cheering died down and people began to disperse. Which meant that Alain and I had to get back to work and clean up after everyone.