Chapter One|| A little bread never hurt nobody

Start from the beginning

If you're not in any of the top packs, you're at the bottom—poor, useless, and seen as weak— and forced to live life in the sectors, or just sectioned off land, with no chance at advancing into a pack. These lands are used for the sole purpose of keeping poor people away from the real packs, away from the royal family. Sickness was a big issue in the sectors, too; we weren't given doctors or medical support. Let's just say, we were no stranger to death.

The Golden Pack as I call it— also known as the Royals—are at the top of the food chain and considered the best. You have to be born into it to even be considered a part of the pack. Unless you're a servant, you don't get to even look at the palace. The king, the all-powerful and mighty Alpha Christian, the one whose elders banished us all to the PS system, runs it. He's the Alpha King.

The sectors are at the bottom and we're constantly shown our place. We work our asses off, and barely ever get rewarded for it. I hate it.

My attention was brought out of my thoughts and to the front door as it swung open, and my mother and father walked through angrily.

"Scarlett Rose Madison, come here now!" My father's voice boomed. Crap.

I exited the kitchen and came into their view, knowing that this conversation was not going to end well.

"Care to explain yourself?" Act dumb.

"Explain what?" I shrugged innocently.

"Oh don't you play that game with me, chica. I know what you did today at the market. Don't make me get la chancla." My mother barked, pointing her finger accusingly at me and glaring threateningly.

Crap, not the flip flop!

"Okay, okay! I stole a piece of bread, so what?!" I asked, folding my arms and trying to play it off.

"No, not only did you just steal a piece of bread, you ran from pack police. You resisted arrest! What were you even doing near the Intelligence Pack, are you crazy?!" Her yell was piercing, grabbing at my wolf's attention, causing even her to bristle.

"I had to clean a house there! I was near the market and I was hungry! I hadn't eaten in almost a day or— maybe two. I just lost my self-control walking past all the food, that's all." My father dug into his pocket and shoved a piece of paper into my hands; my mother gave me a sad look. She knew I was hungry and I know that she felt it was her fault. It wasn't though. It's just the world we live in, and I didn't blame her at all.

"You committed a crime, Scar, this is serious. Forget the bread, you ran from pack police! You can't do that." I straightened the piece of paper and my eyes nearly popped out of my head as I read it.

"A fine?!" I yelled incredulously.

"Yeah, they lost you, so they found us, your parents. Did you ever think about that?" Mother asked softly and I sighed.

"Two hundred dollars," I mumbled.

"And you have a court hearing for resisting arrest, I hope you're happy. Not only are we even more in debt, but you have to go to the Intelligence Pack for your hearing. Who knows what will happen! Goddess, this will be bad for business for you." Dad muttered walking towards his 'special cabinet' as he calls it and pulled out some old whiskey.

"I have a court hearing over a piece of bread, and you're worried about business?"

"You resisted arrest! This isn't about the damn bread!" He yelled and I flinched staggering back a bit.

"You got yourself into this, now get yourself out it. You're lucky they didn't follow us here and arrest you anyway. Now go get cleaned up. I'm going to try and scramble something together for dinner." My mom gave me one more of her suffering looks, just furthering my guilt, and turned her back on me. I looked down at the floor and trudged towards my room with my tail between my legs.

My sister stood nearby with a smug look on her face as if saying 'I told you so.' Annoyed with the situation and her nosiness, I growled at her, baring my teeth. The look slipped from her face as she moved back into her room. That's what I thought.

"Act human for once, please!" My father yelled out and I rolled my eyes, shutting my door behind me, and maybe slamming it a little bit.

"I'm not human, you big oaf," I mumbled to myself, kicking a box on my floor angrily.
My luck sucks.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Book art! -Scarlett Chapter one and she already in trouble with the police, who know what could happen along the chapters?

Book art! -Scarlett
Chapter one and she already in trouble with the police, who know what could happen along the chapters?

Comment and vote!