Chapter 6 - Just not enough

Start from the beginning

And now that she was working two jobs to save herself, and her aunt and uncle who she was indebted to. Never ever complained how harsh her life was, I really love her and hope someone will whisk her off her feet and help her that is my only wish. But for now the best I want to do is be there for her, and I wasn’t sure how long I will be considering the danger I am heading into along with it. But this is enough for me, being near her is all I need.

“Hey you two!” I heard a male walk into our class and I looked towards the door

“Seth what are you doing here?” I asked clearly surprised

“I didn’t see you guys for a while, so got worried” he smiled sheepishly

“That’s so sweet, I was just going to suggest if you wanted to meet with us” I replied grinning he was super cute, when he smiled. My heart thumped dangerously right this moment while he came closer, I felt faint and wanted to know how he can smell so good.

“Good, I got two free tickets to go karaoke come with me” Seth got out two of the tickets and waved it about with a smile.

“Of course, come on Blair I need some fun!” Marie giggled and took my hand and walked me out to the door “You don’t even need to ask next time Seth we haven’t done karaoke in so long! We hardly see you anymore Blair”

She stopped and they both stared at me to respond, what do I say? Do I reveal it now? Or do I wait? This was so stupid I didn’t like lying but for now this is what I had to do.

“Sorry I was just busy with Grandpa and all” I replied laughing awkwardly. I saw their expression change and softened at the mention of him and I felt guilty. This wasn’t fair I was using my elder as an excuse for something so trivial to me. It felt like I couldn’t trust me or them.

“Ok, well you can’t run away now come on” Seth urged, how could I refuse? Not that I was going to anyway but it was nice being coaxed.

We walked all the way to Brick road where the onboard karaoke was, it was close to the station and was about half hour away from our school. We had to take a bus their or train if we wanted, but we chose the bus as there was no traffic and beat walking. And once we got acquainted I felt myself relax it has been a while before I actually breathed.

We sat in our usual space and started to sing, I went to buy some food to eat and snack on and when I came back, Marie shoved the microphone into my hand so by then I started to sing. We were not the best singers, well Marie was but not me and Seth but we enjoyed singing as embarrassing as it was. And when the final part of the lyrics came on we sang as loud as we could, all three of us and then all slumped back to our seats and laughed.

We were laughing hard, it felt so good to sing and enjoy this moment. I went to take a sip of my drink but by then we heard someone arguing really angrily. I stared at Marie and Seth and we all stared at the door listening in the conversation, as a song was playing in the background. And then I heard the slight sound of a female screaming, we all jumped up and opened the door and went to check where the commotion was. When we found it I was slightly aghast to find the girl arguing, with three sleaze balls who wanted to party with her and her friends.

“Come on sweet pea lets sing” said the big man with a mohawk to a scared pigtailed haired girl.

“No let go!” she squealed

“LET GO OF THEM AND GET OUT!” screamed the girl in front of me her blonde hair was all over the place, and her eyes blazed in fury at the man in front of her.

“No chance babe” he grinned slyly and I felt my stomach churn, so I jumped in the best I could do right now.

“Let them go now or else there will be trouble” I said as I walked towards them they all stared at me.