22.

"And This Is From Last Year's Purge. They snuck out and purged with me."  Jc was showing me the scrap book that he kept hidden in one of the closets in the guest room. We've been here for a good hour and that feeling that I had didn't go away and It didn't grow, but it was still there enough to make me watch out for my surroundings.  What If this was just a way for jc to kill me?

He probably doesn't really even like me in that way.  But then again he would have definitely taken me out in the first beginning of this whole entire thing instead of waiting to kill me now.

"so, your cousins aren't innocent and their parents have no idea about it?" I found in interesting that they all bonded over murdering people but it still felt awkward to know that we were in the house with a very wealthy family and I HAD NO IDEA about what they could do and I don't think jc even knows his own family like he claims he does. "I have to go to the bathroom."  I told him.

"It's on the left." he smiled as he continued to focus his attention on the book. I got up from the bed and left the room, making sure to shut the door behind me. I didn't really have to use the bathroom, but I didn't want to tell him that I was going to snoop through his family's things.

We have awhile before the purge starts again and they went out to the store to stack up on a few things so that left jc and I home alone and he didn't leave the room NOT ONCE. I thought they were the type of family who talked and bonded, but he's been distant from them every since we got here and that's also a little strange to me.

I walked through the hall way and I stopped in front of the door that had those locks on it. I was curious as to why they locked it with a crazy amount of locks and I'm also nosey as hell, so I definitely have to see what's down there but how can I possibly do that with jc not finding out?

He's gonna question why I'm taking so long and then he may really kill me for snooping. I quietly approached the door and I tried to pick the locks, but of course that was a bust and I looked stupid trying to break them and why in the fuck would I even TRY to break them like they wouldn't notice.

just ask jc to help you.

I pushed that thought into the back of my head and I just ended up going into the bathroom to figure out another way to get that door unlocked. There has to be a window that leads into it.