Joking with Honesty

"You know I was kidding right?"

"Hm? About what?"

Tom and Zendaya were in Z's living room laying down on the couch. They just came home from the MTV Awards, drained from an exciting day. Z was on top of Tom with her head resting on his shoulder. Tom had both his arms wrapped around her. They were watching some random TV show.

However, Tom's focus was not on the TV at the moment.

"About me calling you a bitch in the behind the scenes stuff for the lip sync battle. You know I was just joking, right?"

Z smiled loving the fact that Tom really did care about how she felt.

She sat up, looked down at him, and said,"Yes, Tom, I knew you were just playing around."

Tom sat up as well and started rambling. "Okay, because you know I don't think you're a bitch. You are quite the opposite. I just wanted to make sure that you were fi-."

He didn't get to finish his sentence as Zendaya pressed her lips up against his. Tom's arms instantly wrapped around her waist as Z's hands slid up from his chest to his shoulders. Just as she broke the kiss, Tom gently brought his hand to her chin and pulled her back in for another kiss.

They both broke the kiss at the time after a few seconds. Zendaya laughed and pressed her forehead against Tom's.

"Someone is a little eager for more, huh?"

Tom laughed at the comment and kissed Zendaya on her cheek.

Zendaya stared into his eyes for a couple seconds. She cupped the left side of Tom's face with her hand. He hummed, closed his eyes, and pressed closer to her touch. She smiled and rubbed her thumb on his cheek.

"Tom, why did you ask me if I knew you were joking or not?"

Tom sighed and replied,"I saw some people on social media say that it was offensive of me to say that, for calling you a bitch. I just wanted to make sure you didn't feel like that."

"Tom, you know if I had a problem with you calling me that I would've told you. You need to stop listening to what people are saying online", said Z taking both Tom's hands in hers.

"I know, I know. I just get scared sometimes. I want to make sure you're being honest with me."

"I am, I promise."

Tom smiled and kissed her forehead. Afterwards, he said,"Good. Speaking of being honest, there is something I need to tell you."

Zendaya started to get nervous. Tom noticed and rubbed her arms a little.

"No, no Z. It has nothing to do with how our relationship is going, okay? We're good."

She smiled, relieving herself of thoughts about Tom wanted to break up with her. This was the first guy that Zendaya felt was the one in her life. Tom was the one that she wanted to spend the rest of her life with. So, just thinking about him wanted to be done with her made Zendaya want to start crying her eyes out.

Tom reach over and grabbed his phone. He went to iMessage and looked up at Z.

He took a deep breath and said,"So, when we were at the awards, Elle texted me."

Zendaya furiously screamed,"What?! Why did she text you? And why do you still have her number?"

"I swear I haven't talked to her since we broke up last year. When we did break up, I kept her number just in case she wanted to get back together, but I got over and forgot that her number was even in my phone", said Tom worringly.

Well, he was telling the truth. His right hand would've been tapping his leg if he was lying. So, Zendaya took a deep breath to calm herself. She brought out her hand infront of Tom.

"Give me your phone."

He put the phone in Z's hand. She opened the text message and saw that Elle said 'hey' with the heart eyes emoji.

"Fuck Off", said Zendaya out loud as she typed in those two words to Elle and sent it to her.

Zendaya then blocked Elle's number from Tom's phone and handed it back to Tom.

"Problem solved."

Tom gave a little smile and looked down. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you earlier. I just didn't want to ruin the night."

She put her head on his shoulder and replied,"I know, Tom. Just remember you can tell me anything. Yes, I was angry at first, but you were honest with me, so we're good."

Tom, out of the blue, gave a sigh and said back the three words that have never been said before in their relationship.

"I love you."

Zendaya shocked slowly got her head off Tom's shoulder and look at him straight in the eyes.

"You...what?"

Tom took both of her hands and said it once more.

"I love you, Zendaya Coleman."

Zendaya, filled with so much joy, wrapped her arms around his neck while Tom placed his hands on either sides of her waist. She leaned closer to Tom so that their faces were just a few inches apart.

"Tom Holland, I love you too."

Tom then closed the gap between them and kissed her. They kissed a few times not wanting to stop and feeling their moment that they were having. Zendaya pushed Tom back on the couch. She cupped both sides his face and kissed him once more. Z felt Tom's tongue lick her bottom lip as she gladly gave him access. Tom groaned allowing Zendaya to take full control of their kiss.

Once she broke the kiss, they both were smiling trying to regain their breath.

Tom, in between deep breaths, said,"Well, a little urgent for more, aren't we now?"

Zendaya slapped him on the arm, laughed, and said back,"Shut up. I only pushed you down. You made the rest happen."

"Whatever."

They both looked at each other. Each of them were taking in the other's features, wondering how they got so lucky to be with them.

Slowly, Zendaya put her hands on Tom's shoulders. She rubbed them gently, bent down, and kissed him once again. It was a long kiss filled with so much emotion. Pulling back slowly, she rested her forehead on his and gave him a little smile. Brushing bits of her hair out of the way, Tom smiled back.

Tom got up and shut off the lights. He then shut off the TV (which both of them had forgotten that it was even on) and went back to the couch with Z. As he laid down, Zendaya rested her head on his chest hearing his heartbeat. Tom wrapped both his arms around her, holding her close not wanting to ever let go.

"Goodnight, Tom. Love you."

He didn't say it back, so Z looked up at him, but saw that he was already asleep. She smiled and kissed his shoulder. Zendaya put her head back on his chest and immediately fell asleep dreaming about the boy she loved so much.