"Lara," Jake breathes out in a hoarse manner. I take one look at him and close my eyes, not wanting my tears to escape.

"Just give it time, Lara," Austin whispers into my ear as he pulls me away from the tension-thickened environment.

Right away, I feel my heart ache even more as we are in the elevator. The way Jake held me close to him when we got stuck the first time. The way he wouldn't let go because he wanted me to feel safe.

Was that really all in my head?

As soon as I exit out the ABC building, Austin's car is parked right in front with Aubrey in the driver's seat. She quickly gets out of the car and helps me inside the front passenger seat. "I'll tell Auntie that you and Austin are meeting me at Pizza Hut and you forgot your bag here," she smiles and leaves me in the car with Austin.

"Where are you going?" I question Aubrey, but she doesn't answer me. Instead, she slams the door shut and smiles, running back inside the building.

"Do you know what she's going to do?" I ask Austin in panic. "Not a clue, but we have to go," he shakes his head and puts the car in drive, and we swiftly leave the premises.

*
Point of View: Jake T. Austin
*

I depart the nurse's office and go down the long staircase rather than taking the elevator. I'll only feel my heart crack a little more remembering my first moment with Lara in there. I felt a spark hit me when I first hugged her, and I refused to let her go. She was so awkward, but that's how everything began.

I step down one at a time, hearing the echo of my feet throughout the long staircase connecting each floor.

"Yea, she actually bought it," I hear a voice echo throughout the stairs.

What?

I peer down the railing and see a brown haired man leaning against the other railing. "Yea, if only she saw the whole video. Good thing you sent me that a long time ago. I had to pull it away before she can ask questions. He's making it too easy for me to get to her."

What the fuck is David talking about?

He silences himself for a moment, listening to the man on the other line, "Alright. Anyways, I bet you she won't come back to him anytime soon. She's not that stupid to go for a guy like him." His voice laces with sarcasm as he chuckles to the person on the line.

He's talking about Lara. But with who?

What video?

"Yea, I gotta go. I need to go on set now. Yea, see you."

I quietly go back up the stairs near the doorway pretending I haven't heard anything he said. As he sees me, he gives me a head nod, "Where are you going, Jake?"

"I'm going on set," I state right away, "You?"

"I'm going to go check on Lara. She's heartbroken because of you," I struggle to stop myself from punching him in the face. He might use his beaten up face against me and show Lara that I'm fucked up.

"Wait," I stop him from turning the handle of the door, "What exactly did you tell Lara?"

Instead of answering my question, he leaves me with questions roaming my mind.

"See you on set," he states before slamming the staircase door shut.

I'm left alone with my thoughts devouring me as I beat myself up for not confessing to Lara earlier. I should have just told her even though she wanted to finish her statement earlier. Now, she's not here and I'll have to find time to explain myself. The more time I spend away with from her, the more she'll think of me in a bad light.