One. (2021 Update - Small Edits.)

I lied. I'm too excited to wait until Sunday. 

One.

Bringing the car to a stop, I killed the engine and stared at the building I had left almost eight years ago. My mind raced over the memories that had flooded my mind, the memories of the pack members, my family, and the twins. In this gothic-style home, any tourist would mistake it as a Catholic church in the small town of Nephi. A small smile tugged at my lips as my eyes drifted towards the stained glass windows, each window displaying the supernatural symbols that this pack has ever worked with. Then, closing my eyes, I gave out a sigh and opened my eyes once more. 

My brown hair fell, covering my vision and bringing out an irritation in me as I gave out a huff of breath, blowing the brown hair out of my line of sight. I had done this three more times before giving up. Rolling my eyes, I used my free hand and ran my hand through my hair while looking in the rearview mirror. I took in my features with a shaky breath. I shook my head before getting out of the car, not showing care over my current look, a pair of faded blue baggy jeans, a baggy shirt, and shoes that snugged on my feet loosely. 

You have to do this, Romeo. You chose to join this pack. You can't go back on the request or the choice. You know what would happen if you backed out now. I closed my eyes, breathed in sharply, then breathed out. Stay calm, Angel, stay as Romeo, and they can't touch you. With this in mind, I began to walk up the stone pathway and the four large cement steps before I came face to face with a large, white door. My hands clenched into a fist, shaking slightly as I forced all of the intrusive thoughts from my mind and allowed my clenched knuckles to beat against the door. 

Come on, Romeo, you can do this. You graduated top of your class; you're a Victoria, for Christ's sake. Nothing can bring fear to you. You can do anything. The front door opened, pulling me out of my inner monologue, and I felt my body tense. My breathing had stopped as I took in the very sight of my mother. Of all people to have opened the door, it had to be her? My mother had never been a kind woman. She was a woman who had been the jury, the judge, and the executioner of my childhood. My palms grew clammy as I swallowed the rising bile, forcing it back down my throat as I gave out a low breath, forcing myself to calm down. 

Of course, this would happen, I thought to myself. Swallowing once more, I readjusted my glasses to have a better look at her. However, my glasses weren't authentic; they allowed me to get away with certain things growing up as a kid. Her brown eyes narrowed at me with distaste. Her black hair had been pulled into a business bun, making her look like the female Beta she is. It had been a look she always carried; even when I was a child, she had always had her hair in that bun; I could only assume what she would look like without the bun or how long her hair had indeed been. 

"What are you doing here?" She demanded in her beta voice. While she may have assumed that the tone would work for me, it wouldn't. Biting my lip, I decided it would be best to stay silent and wait for the Alpha to make his appearance. After all, he knew I was coming back; he didn't know what pack I would be from, seeing as the program I had joined only allowed specific packs to participate in. Or maybe he had forgotten, but there was no way to forget. They called to make sure that the Alpha knew the arrival date of the person who was coming to do the job.

I adjusted my glasses once again just as the Alpha had appeared. Alpha Isles smiled brightly at me as he pushed past my mother and engulfed me in a bone-crushing hug. The power behind the hug was supposed to show his dominance over me, but all I could think about was the smell of pine wood that had enclosed around me. The longer I had stayed in his arms; I could feel just how little strength he had compared to when I was a teenager and young child. When Isles had pushed me back, I allowed myself to take in his features.