Look Closer

I woke up the next morning feeling recharged and ready to face the day ahead of me.

I opened the blinds letting the sun shine in before I opened the window to let the March air whip around my face. It was such a beautiful day.

I looked over to the bed and noticed Mason was gone.

I got dressed in a pair of shorts and a yellow tank top.

I checked in on O'Hana and saw she was staring at the ceiling and kicking her feet being silly.

"Morning baby!" I giggled as I walked over to her crib and she let out a squeal. "Let's get you ready for the day." I picked her up and walked into her closet that was pretty much the size of half a room.

It had a mini fridge and a microwave so we didn't have to go down stairs in the morning with a screaming baby. We could just walk in here and make the bottle or sometimes I would just breast feed.

Picking out a pink bottle I put it in the microwave for ten seconds then picked out an outfit for O'Hana.

I picked out a white and red ladybug dress and some black tights for underneath and a black and red flower headband.

The microwave beeped so I pulled the bottle out and tested the temperature.

I walked back into the room and placed O'Hana on the changing table to change her and get her dressed.

I fed her then put her in her bouncer and carried her down stairs into the living room.

I placed the bouncer on the floor and sat down in front of her as she played with the toys that dangled over by kicking them and shouting.

Alicia came out with her boundless of joy in a three seater stroller.

"Wanna go for a walk?" She asked as she sat down on the couch.

"Yeah let's go." I smiled brightly at my best friend. "Will you watch her while I get the stroller?"

"Yeah."

I quickly ran up stairs into my room but something on the bed caught my attention. There was a piece of paper with rose pettles around it.

You and O'Hana be ready by 6 love you baby.

-Mason

I smiled at the note then folded it and placed it in my back pocket.

I grabbed the stroller and headed back down stairs.

O'Hana was still wide awake. I smiled and walked over to them and got her placed in the whinnie the poo stroller.

After I slipped on my cowgirl boots we walked out and down the street towards the park.

"Have you seen Mason around?" I asked.

"No he seems to just disappear." Alicia sighed.

"I know." I mumbled.

"Last I saw him he ripped a piece of paper off the door and stomped away." Alicia stopped at the swings.

"do you know what the note said?" I asked as I sat on the swing in front  of the stroller.

"No I didn't get a chance to read it." She mumbled.

"Mason marked me last night!" I smiled.

"Oh my gosh! I'm so happy for you!" Alicia shrieked.

"I feel all tingly inside!" I laughed as I lightly pushed the stroller back and fourth with my right foot.

"It's normal." Alicia giggled.

I glanced over at a sleeping O'Hana and sighed. "Mason never spends time with her. Never just father daughter. He's barely even held her!"

"Ash calm down hun. Just talk to him about it tonight. I'm sure he has his reasons." Alicia tried to reassure me.

"Let's go ahead and head back. The wind is picking up." as I finished the last part of my sentence the wind blew carrying a faint scent.

Vampire.

Only my wolf could pick up the scent it was a special gift or something. Considering a vampire scent is undetectable.

I stared off into the distance using my wolf vision I saw a man with blonde hair standing and staring. He was wearing a long sleeve gray shirt with some jeans and converses.

He gave a small wave and smile before vanishing.

I looked at O'Hana and saw her wide awake again.

"You coming?" Alicia asked as she walked away.

"Yeah. I'm coming."

→_→→_→→_→→_→

I found Mason in the Alpha office with his head in his hands. His hair was a mess and he was still in his sweats and no shirt.

"Decided to have a lazy day?" I asked as I walked around the desk.

"No. Just been so busy that I haven't had time to change." He mumbled as he pulled me onto his lap so I was straddling him.

I began to rub his shoulders and kiss his head.

"It's Okay baby. We will work through this."

"It's not that simple Ash! Duke the king of the Blood Suckers has declared war unless we hand over our daughter!"