chapter 2

After a very very very very long drive, my mom and I finally made it to California. We took turns driving since I had my permit. While one drove the other slept. We stopped a few times to use the restroom, eat, and get gas.

My mom drove up to the neighborhood and opened the gate with the clicker sent to her by the homeowners association in the mail. My mom's work place bought the whole house for her. She just had to sign a five year contract with them to get it. The houses were nice but not huge. My mom came to a stop sign and drove strait. She turned down another street and pulled into a driveway of a very pretty house. "Well, here we are finally," she said. The moving truck pulled up shortly after and the guys started to unload the boxes into the house. I walked in and went up the stairs. There were so many rooms. At the end of the hall was a different-looking door. I opened it to reveal another staircase so I went up it. It lead to a nice room that was large and had a bathroom and a gigantic closet. I put my bag down and claimed the room. It also had a balcony that had a view overlooking the city. It was quite nice.

I went back outside and helped the guys and my mom unload our stuff. In about and hour we were done and my mom paid the guys and they were on their way.

I brought up a few boxes to my room that we did not already and started to unpack. I put all my furniture how I wanted it and decided to keep the room color which was a pretty pink. I put my sheets on my bed which matched nicely with the paint. After I finished that, I was super tired so I went downstairs. My mom was unpacking some boxes and smiled when she saw me. " Hey kiddo, want to go eat. I am starving," she said. I said yes and we hopped in the car. We drove for a few minutes and came across a nice little diner called Jenny's. It was about two miles from the house.

We were seated and my mom and I both ordered burgers. We were only here a few hours but I noticed everything was different. The houses, the roads, and even the people were not the same. My mom got up to use the bathroom and left me sitting alone at the table. Just as she left a group of teens that looked around my age walked in. They sat at a table in front of me and that's when I saw him. Sitting in front of me was my favorite viner who I had a slight crush on, Brent Rivera! I almost screamed but I just smiled at him. Our eyes met and he smiled at me. He kept looking at me which made me blush. He got up and started walking toward the table. Brent Rivera was walking to my table! He came up and started talking. " What's your name?" He asked. "Syd.. Sydn.. Sydney," I stuttered out. "Cool name. I'm Brent." " I know," I replied. I asked him if I could take a picture with him and he smiled and said yes. He got next to me and I snapped the picture with my phone. "THANKS," I said loudly and ecstatic. His friends yelled at him to come back to the table so he said bye and left. At that time my mom came back and said she just went and paid so we can leave. We got up and I smiled as we passed Brent. He smiled back and slipped me a napkin. At first I was confused, but then I looked at it to find his cell phone number. I put it in my pocket before my mom could see and walked out the door to the car.

When we got home I ran upstairs and my mom went back to unpacking boxes. I laid on my bed and wondered if I should text Brent. I thought about it for a while and decided to wait an hour until eight. When it was eight I pulled out my phone, put his number in my contacts, and decided what to text him. I went with something simple so it did not look like I was going crazy that I got to talk to him.

Sydney: hey!!:)

I waited a minute then Brent texted.

Brent: Hey, was hoping u would text soon.

I smiled as I read the text.

Sydney: I just moved here from FL today. It was a long drive but totally worth it:)

Brent: Cool, so tell me about yourself

Sydney: What do you want to know?

Brent: anything:)

Brent actually wanted to know about me. I felt kind of special.

Sydney: Well, I'm almost 16, like the color pink, play soccer and cross country, and I am going to start Huntington Beach High School on Monday.

Brent: No way, I go there! You're super sporty, your boyfriend is lucky

Sydney: thanks but I don't have a bf

Brent: oh well I'm surprised

Sydney: tell me about yourself

Brent: I just turned 16 a few months ago, have a dog, have a sister, and love bananas and snapbacks

Sydney: Cool.I don't have any pets and I'm an only child but I do have a few snapbacks.

We continued to text for an hour till he told me his mom yelled at him to go to bed. He was really nice and we had a lot of things in common. I took a shower and crawled in my bed. My Vine crush actually talked to me. I fell asleep with a smile on my face as I thought about Brent and how nice he was.