Serpent - JJ 👑

In which you and Jughead have an argument.

WARNING: Light Swearing

THIRD PERSON

You sit in a large armchair at Archie's house, almost in tears as you wait for Jughead to come home. It had been two weeks since your boyfriend had joined the Serpents. You let him because you knew he was connecting with family through them, but it was getting out of hand. Jughead's personality had changed. He'd gone from charming and sarcastic to arrogant and cruel. It's now one in the morning and Jughead had promised he'd be back at ten. Archie had been checking on you every hour or so as you waited. He knew it was getting worse and he tried to talk some sense into Jughead, but he wouldn't listen. You're scared that he was hurt, your anxiety making you fear the worst. The front door creaks open softly and Jughead creeps in, closing the door behind him. You stand up, startling Jughead as he turns around.

"Y/N, what are you doing up so late?" He speaks, taking the cigarette out of his mouth. He smells like dope and whisky. You feels tears drip down your face as you hold back a sob. Your whole body begins to shake.

"You said you'd be home by ten, Forsythe. What time is it now?" You murmur with anger through your tears. Jughead remains unfazed by your crying.

"I told you not to call me that." You clench your fists as you continue to cry.

"You could've been dead for all I know! It's one o'clock in the morning, Jughead, and you're obviously either high or drunk... or both! I've been calling you for the past two hours! Ever since you joined..." You trail off, knowing it's a touchy subject. Jughead furiously strides forward, getting in your face.

"Ever since I joined what, Y/N?" He sneers harshly, his eyes viciously scanning your face. You can't believe it. Your Juggy, is glaring at you. Before the Serpents, he wouldn't hurt a fly, but now he's changed and not for the better.

"Don't speak to me with that tone, Forsythe." He laughs antagonizingly.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't know you were my mother." You begin sobbing again, this time furiously.

"Ever since you joined the Serpents, you've almost been shot, you've been doing drugs and almost constantly drinking. You've been smoking and treating me like shit. You almost got shot, Jughead! What happened to the funny, sarcastic and caring Juggy that I fell in love with?" You refuse to look into his eyes. You're now backed up against a wall and you've never been so scared in your life.

"You don't love me, Y/N. I'm just one of your little projects. You find the broken and fix them. You don't even know what love is. The Serpents are the only people who care about me, you honestly couldn't give two shits about me and your fake crying is pathetic." You bite your lip as your heart races and your legs quiver, his voice loud and intimidating. Jughead would never usually raise his voice at you and now he leaves you shaking like a leaf.

"You're not one of my projects, Juggy! I'm in love with you and if the Serpents really cared about you, they wouldn't be giving drugs and alcohol and cigarettes! And I'm not fake crying, you fucking asshole. I just don't want you to end up like Jason!" You scream at him. Jughead's face contorts with anger and he punches the wall behind you, making you flinch and cover your face. You can't stop yourself from crying as you wrap your arms around yourself, in an attempt to calm yourself down. You can feel yourself having a panic attack. You feel your chest tightening as you react, punching Jughead in the face. He hisses, stumbling back as you sprint out of the house, running towards Veronica's house. You can hear Archie shouting after you, but his shouts are muffled as your ears rang.

(Word Count with synopsis: 681 words)