13

Jazmyn's POV

"Wow. This was so fucking predictable." I hear Zayn grumble.

My heart begins pounding as I sit up immediately. Luke is stirring beside me. "Get up." I shake him awake.

He pouts at me for giving him a rude awakening. Then he looks up to see Calum and Zayn standing looking very pissed off.

"Calum." I say.

"Are you two...?" His sentence trails off and his voice is broken.

"No!" Luke and I both shout at the same time.

"Bullshit." Zayn spats. "This would explain why you always come home late."

"I've been coming home late since the ninth grade, don't start this shit." I defend myself standing up. My legs are wobbly and I feel like I might fall so I sit back down.

"Then why are you two out here?" He asks me, Calum is silent. the worst kind of silence.

"Because you piss me off trying to make all of my decisions for me and I wanted some space. Luke came out here because he couldn't sleep with Calum's loud ass snoring and he saw me so we ended up falling asleep together because I had a blanket. Go ahead shoot us." I say hurriedly walking away from the scene. My keys jangle in my jacket pocket as I run up to the dock.

Luke is running after me, he is faster than Calum or Zayn. I allow him into the car as Zayn and Calum make it to the car. I flip Zayn off hoping Calum doesn't think it's for him and I speed out of the parking lot.

I only let Luke come because lord knows what Zayn and Calum would have done to him had I left him behind.

My phone vibrates on the dashboard and I see it's Calum's number. "Where the hell are you going? he asks me his voice more worried than angry.

"To get breakfast. Do you want donuts?" I ask him.

"Donuts sounds good. Make sure you get the chocolate glazed with cream in the middle." He sounds more cheerful now and I'm glad he is not so pissed.

"Yeah of course." I hesitate before adding. "You know I would never cheat on you right?" I ask him, I was a little bit hurt when I found out that was his first thought.

"I know, I'm sorry." He apologizes. "I love you." he says.

"I love you too, now I need to focus on driving so I'm going to go." I tell him. The drive is quiet down the nearly deserted highway to the donut place in Astoria. The bridge is visible long before we reach the town and it is beautiful. "I want to come back and draw that." I say not realizing I've said it out loud until Luke responds.

"It would probably be the second most beautiful piece of art I've ever seen." he smiles.

I've come to notice that every time I look at Luke it is a different experience. Yet he is always flawless. I bite my lip to keep from smiling. It's not fair to Calum for me to be thinking these thoughts about Luke. I look away and I laugh "What have you seen Mona Lisa?" I ask jokingly. Just about any piece of art is better than mine, I've seem enough to know.

Luke smiles a smile of wit and determination and he answers, "No, I've seen you."

He is looking me in the eyes as I stop the car and I turn to look at him a full on smile erupting all over my face. I can't help it. He tucks my fallen hair behind my ear. "Luke what are you...?" I ask him wearily, knowing the consequences of what is going to happen.

He closes his eyes leaning in and I close mine, waiting for the kiss that never comes.

He steps out of the car and asks me of I have any air freshener I tell him there should be some in the trunk and he tells me he will be inside the donut shop in a minute.

I watch as he pulls a cigarette carton out from his sweatshirt pocket.

A/N: Sorry there was so much dialogue in this chapter but it was kind of needed... Don't you think??? Thank you guys for all of your love and support... don't forget to check out my other Fics too.