Chapter 20

*3rd Person's POV, 1873*

"This is not Abi." Klaus said, looking into Ava's eyes as he pointed at Ava's sister.

"This is Abi," Klaus pointed to another girl in the room. She looked a lot like Abigail "And you will continue to think its Abi until I say otherwise, and you will forget you ever saw me." He finished, his pupils dialating as Ava's blank expression faded and she started smiling at the girl.

"Hey Abi, shall we go to the woods and play?" She asked, smiling at the girl. The girl nodded and walked out with her hand in Ava's. Abigail stood there heartbroken. Klaus had made her forget Ava's sister and make her someone else. Why? Why would he do this to them?

"Now... What do we do with you?" Abi turned to see Klaus looking at him and smiling wickedly.

Even though she was 10 years old, she still held some courage in her. He started making his way towards her so she turned and ran out of the room, running as fast as she could until her legs couldn't take it anymore.

Suddenly, Abi heard his laughter. She spun around to see nothing behind her but when she turned back around, Abi ran into a hard chest, falling backwards onto the floor. She looked up to see him standing over her.

"Time to go, I think." He smirked, before picking her up and vanishing with her in his arms.

Going back to Mystic Falls felt weird for Abi. She hadn't been back as she had been temporarily dessecated in a cellar for nearly a century. Klaus turned her when she was 16 years old, so she had been travelling with him for nearly 6 years, and during that time she had grown on him and his siblings.

He let her go about 3 years ago, and ever since then Abi had been following Ava everywhere. She didn't have to hide since Ava didn't know who she really was.

She thought her sister died old with a husband and children when in reality, she had been stuck in an underground cellar in England for nearly all of her existence.

"Bourbon please." Abi asked the bartender as she sat on the bar stool. He looked at her weirdly.

"I'm gonna need to see some I.D." He laughed, continuing to clean some glasses. Abi sighed at him and looked into his eyes.

"No you don't, and its on the house all night, thank you." She compelled, he stood for a few seconds blinking then he smiled.

"One free bourbon coming up." He turned around and started making her drink.

"Your a little to young to be drinking aren't you?"

Abi recognized that voice. She turned to see Damon Salvatore sitting next to her. Just seeing him made her heart warm. She loved Damon so much, like a brother she never had. Abi realized Damon couldn't see her face so she turned and looked at him

"And you should know to mind your own business." She retorted, letting her British accent show. He raised his eyebrows then continued to drink is alcohol.

"My, why a cute little accent you've got there." He side-smiled, staring deep into her eyes. Abi shrugged and drank some of her bourbon.

"And isn't it weird the someone from England came here not that long ago." He added, making Abi stop drinking. She couldn't act anymore. She knew he'd know it was her if she pointed it out.

"Well you shouldn't be suspicious of me sir. I lived here when I was only 10 years old until I found out the my sister was compelled and I was shoved into a manky old cellar for nearly 100 hundred years, but we had some fun when I was young didn't we?" Abi smirked after her sentence which made him cock his head to the side

"Wait. Abi? But you died?" He asked confused. Abi sighed, Ava must have said to him about her growing old and dying.

"Na, Klaus compelled Ava to believe some other girl was me then he took and kept me for 5 years, turning me when I was 16, then letting me out 3 years ago." She replied simply, making his expression drop.

The next thing she didn't expect. Him, pulling Abi into a long deep hug.

"I missed you Abi, all this time I thought you were dead." He mumbled into her hair. Abi hugged him back tightly.

"Um, what's going on?"

They broke from the hug to see a Stefan Salvatore staring at them with his brow furrowed.

"Brother, this is Abigail. Ava's sister" Damon replied, still looking at the girl in front of him in hidden disbelief.

"Wait, I thought you said she died?" Stefan asked, confused at the situation.

"Nope, she's been in Klaus's 'possession' since 1873." He answered looking over to his brother.

"And she is sitting right here you know." Abi complained, annoyed that she was being spoken about as if she didn't exist.

"I'm Stefan."

"Well, nice to meet you Stefan." Abi greeted, downing the rest of her drink and getting up.

"Where are you going?" Damon asked as she started walking. Abi spun round and shrugged at him.

"I dunno, get to know people if I'm going to be staying with you guys." She replied grinning. Abi had already formed that plan in her head before she even arrived at Mystic Falls.

Before the brothers could utter a word of question or protest, Abi cut in.

"Oh, and one more thing, don't tell Ava I'm back yet. She won't know who I am until Klaus tells her." She pointed out, leaving the Mystic Grill and heading into the town.