Chapter 18

I looked to see no one there, I heard someone but I cant see them. I walked around the woods making my way home from Katherine's and the woods was a good shortcut.

"Hello there darling." I spun round to see a man with dark floppy hair and tall posture with an extremely handsome face.

"You startled me sir." I gasped, backing away and slamming into a tree that was behind me.

"My apologies miss, do I get to know your name?" He grinned, walking towards me, my heart rate increased with every step he took.

"I'm Ava, and you might be?" I breathed. Je was standing in front of me when he answered my question.

"My name's Kol. Kol Mikaelson, and now your going to forget everything that I even exist until I tell you to remember." His pupils dilated then he was gone, leaving me their wondering why I was backed up to a tree and breathing heavily.

I knew Kol?

I leaned up in my bed and scratched at my lifeless hair, memories from the past kept on flashing back to me in my dreams but that one felt real as ever. Why hadn't Kol told me? I stretched my arms out and yawned. Blurring over to my dresser I noticed an envelope placed next to my jewellery box, It looked old, and the writing was cursive, like in the past.

"What the..." I murmured. I grabbed the envelope and ripped it open at the seal which had been sealed with wax, I couldn't believe what I was reading.

"Dear Ava,

By the time you read this my family and I would've already left town. Some trouble has arisen in New Orleans, trouble I feel could be too dangerous for you. I know its not vary like me to just leave without a proper goodbye but I wouldn't have left if I saw you one more time, plus I feel you have to think about what to say to me about Katherine because I know something's going on. I also believe Damon will keep you company.

Until we meet again, Klaus"

Ouch, that hurt. Damon would keep me company? Does he think we're best buddies or something? Klaus is so getting an ass kicking when he gets back.

"Coo-ee anybody home?"

I flashed downstairs and swung my front door open. Speak of the devil.

"What do you want Damon?" I asked rudely, he just looked happily at me and stepped through the door.

"Well, I was wondering if you'd like to come for a celebratory drink tonight at the grill with me and the others." He said, getting straight to the point.

"And what are we celebrating? Did you finally get a friend?" I jeered, causing him to act hurt.

"Wow, I cant believe you just said that to me," he faked a hurt tone "No, its about The Originals leaving town."

He smirked, pointing out that I wasn't with them.

"You seriously think I would go for a drink with you? You are living in the wrong century my friend." I snapped, pushing him out the door. I was about to slam it in his face but he stuck his foot in the way.

"Don't come for me then, come for the others." He pleaded, pouting at me. I sighed and nodded.

"Fine, as long as you don't talk or look at me." I replied sternly. He instantly smirked again and moved his foot out from the door.

"I'll be picking you up at 6 then?" He yelled through the door. Really Damon? Just leave me alone please. I groaned and walked back up to my room and flopped back onto my bed. I glanced over at my bedside clock. 12:21. Well I still have around six hours to be awake and ready so I set my alarm for 5 and fell back to sleep.

"Have you had any word from Miss Pierce?" I asked Maisy, my handmaiden. She looked around my head as she was finishing my hair and shook her head.

"No miss, shall I call for her?"

"No, no. Don't bother her, Thank you Maisy." She finished my hair and curtsied to me before leaving my room. I wondered over to my chest of drawers and opened the top one, picking out a silver necklace. I gleamed at it and tied it around my neck, letting it drop just above my cleavage.

"Well don't you look beautiful?" I spun around to see a tall slender man across the room from me, I gasped and fell backwards falling to the floor but I didn't hit the ground, I opened my eyes to see him holding me in his arms.

"Who- Who are you? How did you get in?" I spluttered, trying to hold my nerve as he brought me up and placed me on my feet.

"My name it Elijah and your window was open." He replied truthfully, I glanced over at the open window and groaned internally.

"Well just because the window was open doesn't mean you can just walk in, how did you get up anyway? Its a second story house?" I asked confused. Perhaps he was like Damon?

"That necklace... It smells of vervain" He pointed out, I looked down at it. Damon got it for me when we first met but I didn't know why.

"What's vervian? Are you like him? A devil?" I breathed, slowly backing away from him. He laughed slightly and shrugged.

"I might be, you don't know, who is 'him'?" He questioned, before I could lie about my answer I heard Damon calling from downstairs.

"Ava? Are you there?" He shouted, I looked down at the necklace then back to Elijah but he had vanished, I looked around to see where he was, I also noticed that the open window was now closed.

"Are you ok Ava?" Damon asked as he walked into the room, I turned on my heels to him and nodded, I had to lie otherwise he would be worried about another vampire, I mean I already lie to him about Katherine but I couldn't tell him about that as she didn't want to be found out.