17.

NEW CHAPTER

17.

"I'm not wearing one of them." Nick looked to me with disgust evident on his face. As I held up the small bandage, Nick was visibly hating on the thing.

"Why not? Your hands look battered." They were bloodied and bruised from the impact of Nick's strength. It amazed me just how physically strong he was and how willing he was to keep me safe.

"There just a few scratches, babe." He mentioned. He sat before me, his legs spread wide and his body now one of calm and relaxation. I stood before him, dangling the bandage in front of his face.

"Stop being a baby." I muttered. I went to grab his hand but he moved it out of reach. I huffed. It did nothing to stop him from smirking my way, his chest moving slowly up and down as he watched me with darkened eyes.

"Drop the bandage and sit on my lap."

"Excuse me?" I spluttered. The small demand had my heart racing. I'd sit on his lap any day of the week. His muscles were just too strong and muscly to resist.

"Drop the bandage." He demanded slowly, his tongue forming the words so seductively.

I couldn't help but drop the bandage right to the floor. I stood before him waiting for my next command. This was a thrilling game, one he knew so well to play.

"Come here." His voice was rasping as he patted his thigh. I didn't waste another second as I scrambled in to his legs. Once I was straddling him, I laid my head against his heart. He was so tall, I fitted him like a glove.

His arms came around my body, his hands rubbing small circles in to my back. I had chance to finally let out the breath I was holding. He was the most intense man I had known to date, it didn't help that he liked to beat up everything in his way for me. I relished in the feeling, even though it was quite a scary thought. What if one day he really hurt himself? I couldn't live with myself if I knew it was because of me.

"You're a stupid man." I said in to his chest. He continued to rub circles on my back. He let out a shaky breath.

"Tell me about it."

"No, I'm serious Nick. One day you're going to get yourself seriously hurt. Couldn't you have just talked, man to man, face to face?"

"Men talk with their fists." Nick stated.

"Do they?" I questioned sardonically. "I don't think they always do."

"Well, I do." He replied. "I'm not saying sorry for protecting you and I never will. The prick deserved it and I'd rather make sure you're safe, that's the most important thing to me."

"You're a brave, stupid, stupid, man." I breathed.

"And you're my woman." Nick replied. "Fuck trying to be civil and talk like men. I'll fight for what's mine, I'll show everybody in this place exactly who is off limits."

"Nick-"

"I'm not arguing about this." Nick injected. "I'm not arguing about how I'll protect you. I'm doing it my way, I'm doing it the the only way I know how."

"Fine." I huffed. I got up to look at him, his stormy eyes caught me off guard. "You know I'm still grateful, right? For everything you've done for me in these last few months."