Fine

"Congratulation for your comeback Taeyeon-a."Tiffany said through the phone.

"Thanks Fany-a, I am going into the elevator now, so talk to you later."Taeyeon said when the lift arrived.

"Okay, bye~"Taeyeon ended the call and put her phone into her handbag. When the door to the lift slid open, her eyes met with a familiar pair of dark brown eyes, staring back at her. Taeyeon stepped into the lift and turned her back on him before pressing the fifth floor. She tried her best to stick close to the buttons panel while Baekhyun stood behind her.

She could feel a pair of eyes boring into the back of her head. She felt the urge to turn back and snap at him for staring at her shamelessly, but she found it hard to turn back to look at him. Who knows how she will react the moment her eyes meet his? She knew that she will breakdown right in front of him.

The smooth ride suddenly came to an abrupt stop. Taeyeon quickly grabbed the railing at the side of the elevator as it shook dangerously. She screamed and squeezed her eyes shut, feared that the elevator will suddenly drop down. When the lights came back on, she opened her eyes slowly to find Baekhyun right beside her, frantically pressing the alarm button.

"What is your emergency?"a voice said through the speaker.

"The lift is stuck at the third floor."Baekhyun replied.

"Okay, we will fix it and send help immediately."

"Okay."Baekhyun let go of the button and heaved a sigh as he glanced at Taeyeon who has been staring at him the whole time. "Erm...we have to wait here until they send help."Baekhyun said to her as he scratched the back of his head awkwardly.

She just nodded and leaned her back against the wall, her hands not leaving the railing, just in case the elevator decided to drop down to the base. She suppressed a smile when she heard his voice. It has been so long since he talked to her. His voice still sounds like music to her ears. Her eyes followed Baekhyun as he paced back and forth, causing the elevator to shake more.

"Can you stop walking around and stand still?"she sighed.

"Sorry."he apologized and stopped in front of her. He stood beside her and leaned his back against the wall and grabbed the railings behind him. They stood in awkward silence until Baekhyun decided to ask her a question he has been so curious about. "Was your new song about me?"he asked, glancing at her.

"What?"she furrowed her eyesbrows.

"Your new song Fine, I heard the lyrics, was it about me?"he asked again.

"I wasn't the one who wrote the lyrics for that song."she said, avoiding his eyes by looking down at her shoes.

"But I heard that you like this song a lot because you can relate to it so much."he said. "No wonder your voice sounded so passionate while singing that song."he continued.

"Still. It wasn't about you. Don't think so highly of yourself."she scoffed, crossing her arms in front of her chest.

Baekhyun smirked and glanced at the cctv at the corner of the elevator. He remembered hearing from Chanyeol that it hasn't been working for months, which means what ever happens in here remained between the two of them. He decided to make a move on her by placing both of his hands beside each side of her shoulders, caging her between his arms.

Taeyeon looked up at him nervously, contemplating whether she should just straight up lean forward and crash her lips on his, to express how much she had missed him.

"W-What are you doing?"she asked.

"Tell me honestly. Your song is about moving on from someone you loved. Is it me you are singing about?"

"Please."she scoffed as she pushed him away. "Don't get ahead of yourself."

"Did I hurt you?"the question left his lips like a dagger stabbed in her gut. "Was it so hard to move on?"he asked.

"Why? Was it easy for you to move on?"she asked him back, tears prickled her eyes. "It takes time to move on."she mumbled.

"It has been months since we broke up."he sighed.

"Let's not talk about this. Like you said, it has been months."she avoided his eyes.

"You are always avoiding me in the hallways and we don't talk anymore."

"What do you want me to do huh?"her voice trembled as she asked that question. She is tired of all of this. "You expected to greet you and act as if nothing happened between us? Everyone is watching us. You are popular now, think about how this relationship will affect me if we are caught talking outside."she said and moved away from him, going to the other side of the lift.

"Do you still have feelings for me then?"he asked as he turned around to face her. "The reason we broke up wasn't clear at all."he continued, looking at her longingly.

"What is the use of asking me that? You know that we can never ever be together. Not in the present, not in the future."her voice cracked at the end of her statement, tears filling her eyes, threatening to drop out of her eye sockets. "Never."she added, making sure that her voice sounded strong and stable.

"It has been months and honestly, I still think about you everyday. It wasn't easy for me."he said.

Taeyeon kept quiet as she stared at him. She wanted to touch him badly, but she knew that she couldn't. They have gone through a lot during the time they are together, Taeyeon thought that everything is going to be okay after they broke up, but she felt ten times worse. It felt like a part of her disappeared and she found it hard to even put on a simple smile, which makes her smile looked fake and forced.

"I still love you."he said softly.

Taeyeon heaved a sigh and looked away. Baekhyun was about to walk towards her until the doors opened. Taeyeon looked out to see two guards standing there, smiling satisfyingly after they managed to fix the door. She looked down and rushed out of the lift, leaving Baekhyun behind.

He wanted to run after her, but he had to pretend that nothing happened in front of the two guards. He cleared his throat and casually walked out of the lift. He looked down sadly and went to the other direction.

And just like that, they never talk again.

-

Requested by : AmieyLieyn99

A/N : I think i failed to tag some of you who requested one shots previously, like your names were there, But i never managed to master the skill of tagging. I just realised how to do it and the username finally turned orange on my screen. Haha, stupid me.

Hope you like this imagine, it is short, but I really hope that you like it! :)