Chapter_22

Kolbey

*

*

*

I couldn't believe I was holding my daughter in my hands. If yall thought I was excited before she was here, think about how im feeling right now.

I was almost not able to be in her life because of my stupid actions. when I was in the waiting room and I thought back on how I treated Mj, it just..stung? It made me feel like god needed to punish me. I believe he still does, to be honest.

Mj was such a good girlfriend. She did her best and went all out for me. Even disowned her family for me. And I took her kindness for weakness.

I feel stupid.

But I want to put all that behind me. I want to move on from my mistakes and make Mj and Kylie happy.

I was now sitting in the chair beside Mj, holding our daughter as she slept.

My phone started to ring.

" Hello ? " I answered.

"Bruh we need you on the job tonight " Marcos voice rang through the phone

I sighed.

I knew that whenever he called me, he was serious. It was usually me calling him.

"Man yall cant hold on a couple hours ?"

"Nah man. This one is big. You either here or you don't get the money. They words..not mine"

I sighed.

"Aight man"

I hung up the phone and looked at my daughter.

Even If I wanted to deny this baby, I couldn't. She was indeed mines

" So you gone leave ? " Mj asked.

I didn't even know she was woke.

"I got to Mj..." I say

she sighed.

"Kolbey. Your daughter was just born. What do you mean You got to?" I could tell she was pissed, but was trynna keep calm

"Mj. This will be my last time then im done. They offerin big money for this drop. Im talkin enough to get us the fuck up outta here. Remember how we was trynna move? We can actually do that now baby. Just let me do this..."

she sighed and turned her head towards Kylie, who I had just layed back in the crib.

"Kolbey...what if this is a mistake? You can get hurt...you can die , Kolbey anything can happen!"

I stood up and sat beside her.

"Mary..You know im extra careful with my shit. I know what and what not to do, and what to be alert of. Just trust me on this baby.."

She sighed heavy and looked at me.

"You promise youll be done"

"On my daughter"

" Don't put her in this if your just gonna disappoint us"

"I promise Mj"

she nodded.

"Okay. When are you leaving? I get released later today" she said

I looked at the time and stood up.

"I actually have to go now...but I can get Trinity to come and get you. Cool ?"

she rolled her eyes but nodded.