「98th period」: graduation time

I R O H A I N U K A I
犬飼 彩葉
student no. 29

              When things started calming down after that emotional rollercoaster, the first thing that registered in our minds was to return to our classroom and search for a trace left by Korosensei. But in the end, we came to find a diploma, a yearbook and "Korosensei's rules to live by" laid out on each of our tables.

The incredibly thick advice books the octopus made started with an easy to read manga format before leading on to his overly detailed advice that reminded us of how he goofed around alongside us.

During the time we were browsing through the things he left for us, the laser probably hit us at one point, but it was the least of our concerns that we never even noticed. After that, Karasuma-sensei handled the rest of the officials and let out classroom be ours alone.

The next thing I knew, we were engulfed in silence, each of them woke up only when the sun started illuminating the room.

"Iroha".

I turned to my seat mate who called out to me, looking like he's just woken up from his sleep.

"You're still reading? You probably read that book all night, did you?" He hit right on the mark, most likely figuring it out due to the glasses I was wearing, to which I just waved it off.

"It made me feel better" I admitted. "Besides I'm used to pulling up all nighters, this is nothing".

I was nowhere near 1/4th of the book, though.

"Your eyesight's already bad enough. Reading in the dark would make it worse" He scoffed, stretching his arms as he did so. "You really are stupid aren't you? On the bright side, you don't have your usual bed head "

There it was. Karma's usual mocking tone.

Somehow, it felt as if all the events that occurred last night was nothing—or rather, the atmosphere made it feel it all happened long ago. This was comforting.

"It calmed me down a lot... Korosensei's rules to live by" I told him, before averting my eyes. "Speaking of which, sorry for causing trouble last night. Even if you did drug me".

"Heh~ What's this? Iroha Inukai's actually apologizing? Is the world coming to an end?" He smirked, and I couldn't resist the urge to roll my eyes at him as I playfully punched him.

"Your supposed to apologize too, dumbass"

✖︎︎●✖︎

              It was our graduation day at Kunugigaoka Junior High. Our graduation from our assassination ended a little earlier, but our journey from here on was just starting, like how the early blooming cherry blossoms outside swayed against the wind signaling the beginning of spring.

"The target is gone and the earth is saved" was the first thing our teacher said when he began to talk to us once everyone's woken up. "Thanks for all your hard work this past year. I imagine there are some things you'll find hard to swallow. You'll have all eyes on you for awhile, I'm afraid, and I'm sure they'll be asking to keep mum on confidential matters".

"I'll do my best to protect you, of course" Karasuma-sensei paused before bowing his head to us, adding, "but allow me to apologize in advance".