Separation Anxiety || Harry Lewis (W2S)

London
10:00 | 14/06/17
12 degrees

The buzzing of Y/N's phone against the table seemed to not match the chill cafe atmosphere during the summery, warm London day in the city. She flipped it over quickly to avoid people's stares and gazed at it in disbelief. A picture of her boyfriend, Harry, was clearly displayed across the screen, for what seemed like the hundredth time so far that day.

Freya leaned over, and her mouth opened. "Surely not." She laughed, shaking her head.

"It's not Harry again, is it?" Sarah asked from across the table, but read her answer straight from both girls' expressions. "Oh my god. Is the boy serious? What does he think of us?"

"Apparently that we can't be trusted to look after a small town girl in the big city for a day." Emily replied with a sarcastic raise of her eyebrows, and Freya and Sarah both laughed.

Y/N jutted her bottom lip out though. "I'm not a 'small-town' girl." She said objectively. At all three bemused expressions she became more adamant. "I'm not! Harry comes from bloody Guernsey!" She cried.

"Yeah, but Harry has been here a lot longer than you have." Freya countered.

"Excuse me, whose side are you on here?" Y/N asked in disbelief. Her phone call switched off in her hand and she laid the phone down gently, ready for the bombardment of messages that was surely coming.

Freya pouted. "I'm on your side, hun. But Harry's not being totally ridiculous about you. I wouldn't let you come here alone!"

"But she isn't alone!" Sarah said indignantly. "She has the three of us, and I don't know about you but I like to think I know my way around London quite well."

Freya rolled her eyes at Sarah's sass. "So that's why Harry's worried about you, but he shouldn't be because we're here with you to show you around. Speaking of, has everyone finished their food?"

Everyone around the table nodded and Emily began to collect the empty plates to stack in the middle of the table. Just as she was laying down the cutlery though, Y/N's phone started off again.

"Oh for god's sake." Sarah exclaimed. "Pick it up, please. I want to hear what he has to say for himself."

Y/N glowered at her but slipped the green icon up and held the phone to her ear.

"Y/N? Hey. How are you?" Harry's frantic voice could be heard by everyone around the table. It wasn't hard to imagine what he would be doing; pacing back and forward in his apartment with one hand twisting the sleeve of his hoodie, the other pressing his phone to his face.

"I'm fine, Haz. We've just finished getting brunch at a little cafe and we-"

"Who's 'we'?"

Y/N looked blankly at the other girls. Besides Sarah's rolled eyes, their expressions all mirrored hers.

"Um, the girls I left with? Sarah, Frey and Em?"

Silence, besides the sound of his feet against his wooden floor boards. Then - "Okay. Why didn't you pick up before? I was worried."

She sighed. "Because we were eating our brunch and I was a little frustrated that you would call me so many times when I'm just having a girls' day out."

"I'm just making sure you're alright! London's a big city, it's easy to get lost."

Sarah was gesturing at Y/N to pass the phone, so she raised her eyebrows and handed it over.

"Harry," Sarah began, and Harry's voice automatically began to question before she continued. "Stop being an overprotective little bitch. Your girlfriend is fine. She is safe. She's having a nice day out with her friends. I will be turning her phone off if she gets another call from you today unless someone has died, and it wouldn't be a good idea to be in the city without a phone. Have a nice day." She finished by hanging straight up before he could reply, and gave an open-mouthed Y/N her phone back. "And I'm being serious." She added.

Y/N nodded while Freya and Emily crowed with laughter. "Okay. But you know he is gonna absolutely fucking roast me when we get home."

Sarah's full lips parted in a smile. "I know. So make the most of it while you're here."