Chapter 17

• Dedicated kay Eagleteam64 and Thelma Tan Dydzik

Chapter 17

   God, please don't let anything happen to my wife and baby.  I can't live without her, oh God please! Lalo akong magiging mabuting asawa buhayin lang ninyo ang mag-ina ko. - Andy

   Lord, please huwag pa ninyong kukunin ang bestfriend ko at aanakin ko sa binyag. Siya lang ang totoong kaibigan ko na nagmamalasakit sa akin. -Lucille

   O Lord, please save Jade and her baby. I love her so much but I'm willing to give her up just please save  her. I'll rather love her from afar than lose her forever -Luke

   "Lucille, nakakuha ako ng flight papunta diyan. I'm boarding United Airlines right now, you can reach me anytime through the airplane's phone,"  pinaliwag nito kay Lucille kung paano ang gagawin para makatawag ito sa  kanya habang nasa himpapawid siya.

   "Doc Kopp,  she's responding! We are getting a pulse now!" excited na sigaw ng isa pang manggagamot.

   "Stop the compression, what's the blood pressure?"

   "74/32"

   "Thank God!

    Naging kalmado ang buong medical team nang masigaradong ligtas na ang pasyente nilang muntik ng malagay sa bingit ng kamatayan.

   "Doc, how's our friend, Jade?" sinalubong ni Luke at Lucille si Dr. Kopp nang lumabas ito mula sa OR suite.

   "She's stable at the moment. I need to speak to her immediate family, any of you know the number I can call?

   "Yes Doctor, her husband called me earlier to give me the instructions on how to reach him on the plane. He will be arriving tomorrow evening," sabi ni Lucille.

   "Hello, Mr. Andy Wu?" 

   "Yes, this is Andy Wu. May I know who's on the other line please?

   "I'm Dr. Kopp, your wife's obstetrician."

   "Doc, how's my wife and our baby?" balisang tanong ni Andy. Dumadagundong ang kanyang dibdib sa nerbiyos.

   "I'm so sorry but your wife had an ectopic pregnancy which means that the fetus was growing outside the uterus. It stayed in the left fallopian tube which is just a passage way of the fertilized egg and should have implanted in the uterus. We were able to stop the bleeding but this required the removal of the fetus otherewise your wife will continue to bleed and develop a generalized infection. I'm deeply sorry for your loss but we had to terminate the pregnancy," mahabang paliwanang ng doktor.

   "O my God! Our baby!!! Could we have done something about it to prevent the ectopic pregnancy?"

   "No, no one's to blame for this kind of pregnancy, Mr. Wu. In most cases, the cause is unknown."

   "Another thing, we had to do CPR on your wife. Dr. Folby quickly gave medications to reverse the severe anaphylactic reaction and stabilize her vital signs. Mrs. Wu is now in ICU for observation as a precaution but she is stable right now."

   "Thank you, doctor for saving my wife's life. Please tell her I'm coming" nanglalambot na sabi niya. Nanginginig na ibinaba niya ang telepono matapos magpaalam sa doktor.

   God thank you so much for saving my wife. I'm having a hard time accepting the loss of our little angel but I trust that You have a better plan for us.