Part 12

I woke up in prison cell. Not just any prison cell. A max security and protection prison cell. The kind of prison cell where they house criminals. People who had caused atrocities and annihilation. A place where I was never supposed to go to.

We were in the middle of the ocean too. Surrounded by water on all sides with no possible escape and no way of knowing where the nearest land mass was. I had never even heard of this place before.

Sam, who had a cell right next to me filled me in on what had happened after the battle. Thankfully Steve and Bucky had both gotten away in their Quinjet and were set on course for Siberia. Our efforts and sacrifices were not all in vain. However a different price had been paid as well. There had been an accident. Rhodes had accidentally been shot out of the sky by Vision. Vision had meant to shoot at the Quinjet but instead the shot hit Rhodes. Rhodes, from what I have heard was alive but possibly paralyzed for life.

The thing I hated the most about Prison cells was the silence. The blank noise that made it felt like I was on a different planet. It gave me plenty of time to think about things. The incident in Africa. My family. If not signing the accords was actually a good idea. Vision...... Hundreds of thoughts must have gone through my brain as I sat on the floor of my clean white cell.

The guards had placed me in something of a straight jacket that kept my arms wrapped around me as though I was hugging myself. My hands were encased in metal containment as to stop me from being able to create force fields. I had to be fed by spoon three times a day.

In reality I could actually still create a force wall or bubble to bust out of this place but I would take quite a bit of concentration. I usually depended on my hands to help shape and mold my fields but without them I would have to strictly depend upon my mind. The concentration it takes is power consuming and not to mention fairly difficult. But possible.

But what would I do after that? I didn't have a key to unlock my arms or even a known way to escape out of this hell hole. Even if I did I would just be on the run again.

I was knocked out of my incessant thoughts as none other than Tony Stark in a typical three piece grey shirt walked in. It was difficult to read his facial expression from my vantage point as he moved around the circular cell room where four superheroes lay in chains. However I detected he was surprised but held a serious aura.

"The futurist, gentlemen and lady! The futurist is here! He sees all! He knows what's best for you, whether your like it or not" Clint exclaimed loudly. His cell was right next to

mine so I wasn't really able to see Tony but I could hear him.

"Give me a break, Barton. I had no idea they'll put you in here, come on" Tony said sincerely and I sort of believed him. But that didn't mean I didn't partially blame this on him. It was my decision too, but a straight jacket wasn't part of the deal.

"Yeah, well, you knew they'll put us somewhere, Tony" Clint hissed. His usual dry humored self was completely out of the picture. His words held venom.

"Yeah. But, not some super max floating ocean pokey. You know, this place is for maniacs. This is a place for..." Tony trailed off not wanting to finish that sentence.

"Criminals? Criminals, Tony. I think that's the word you're looking for. Right? It didn't used to mean me, or Sam, or Ferris. But, here we are-Because you broke the law" Tony interjected as Clint went off.

"I didn't make you"Tony claimed defensively as I listened. My wall was up against the wall giving me an excellent hearing point.

"The law. The law. The law. The law. The law" Clint said with what I guess would be a roll of his eyes. Each word emitted sarcasm as if he wanted nothing more than to shove Tony off a cliff. Which he most likely did.

"You read it, you broke it. Alright, you're all grown up. You got a wife and kids. I don't understand. Why didn't you think about them before you choose the wrong side?" Tony asked and he had a point. I had nobody really. Aside from my poor father in a nursing home hardly able remember what year it was let alone my name. But Clint had children. A very kind wife. But Clint also had reasons.

"You better watch your back on this guy. There's a chance he's gonna break it" Clint finished as Tony walked away and right in front of my cell.

The moment he stepped in front of my holding cell and made eye contact with me was when I could see that he really did feel bad. His eyes were full of remorse and something more than pity. He eyed the straight jacket most likely disapproving of it just as much as I was. He almost seemed a little at loss for words.

"Hey Tony" I said casually but anybody with half a brain could tell that I was pretty pissed. Tony sighed " Jesus Ferris, I-I didn't know they would do something like this" Tony claimed truly gesturing to the contraption that bound my arms. It was terribly uncomfortable mind you.

" Well you locked me in my room" I pointed out. I would have crossed my arms but they already were.

It was entirely true. He had left me in the Stark Tower to be kept safe since Tony figured I wouldn't be on his side. He kept me there with Vision because he knew that I felt something deeper than friendship with Vision.

"First, that's an exaggeration. Second, I did it to protect you" Tony defended and at his I just rose a brow sarcastically. I could protect myself. I didn't need a baby sitter or had to be locked up in tower.

"I think you hurt Vision's feelings Tony added crossing his arms over my chest. I felt a familiar pang in my heart as he said his name.

" He already forgave me and I forgave him. I had to help Steve. There was a bigger picture going on" I explained looking up from him from my spot on the floor. I felt an itch on my neck that I knew I wouldn't be able to scratch. Great.

" Speaking of bigger picture, where did Steve and Bucky fly off to?" Tony asked curiously. He was obviously going to go after them but something told me he was doing this on his own orders.

I shrugged absently " They went to Siberia to find the other soldiers and that Psychitrist man. That's all I know" I claimed with a shrug. Even if I did know their exact where about I probpaly wouldn't tell him. Even if his intentions were good.

Tony sighed looking down and then back at me.

" I'm sorry, about what they are doing to you. If I can I will enforce that they get you out of that..... thing" Tony promised sincerely. I wasn't really sure how to respond so all I did was nod and he seemed to accept this.

He then walked to the next cell which was Sam's.

I looked around the large white cell that kept me prisoner.

Was this where I would stay forever?