Chapter Tweleve

Authors note: Hi everyone!! Paige here! I just wanted to thank you all for being so patient with me and these chapters. Also, I wanted to let you all know that this will be the last chapter but I will make it extra extra long! I'll make sure to add enough romance to get us through ;) alright, now for the good stuff !

****

Hermione tapped her foot nervously against the marble floors. She sat in an uncomfortable plastic chair, her hands resting on her sweater covered baby bump. When she woke up this morning and looked in the mirror she discovered that she was finally starting to show! Proof that their baby was growing inside her. Her stomach was slightly rounded where their baby rested.

Draco sat beside her holding their gloves and coats. Watching her knee bounce incisively, he slid his hand over her leg, giving her knee an affectionate squeeze. "It will be alright love. There's nothing to be nervous about." Her hand found it's way into his, warmth traveling up his arm straight to his heart.

"I know..I know..it's just this is our first time." Hermione said, lacing their fingers together as they waited in the empty waiting room of the OBGYN office. Today was Hermione's first sonogram. As Draco promised, he had made her breakfast in bed, bundled her up to protect her from the falling snow, and drove her to the city.

"I'll be with you every step of the way." Draco lifts their hands, pressing his lips to each of her dainty little fingers. Hermione bites her lip, picturing what else his mouth could do when their name was called by the receptionist. Damn hormones. They made Hermione horny all the time, and being home with her gorgeous husband didn't help her dirty thoughts. Which have taken on a world of their own after that day on the nursery floor. They had bonded again. Reconnected in the best way a married couple do.

***

The cool gel sent shivers down Hermione's spine when it slathered across her bare belly. The technician sat in a rolling chair beside the table Hermione laid on with her pants undone and open. The monitor was loading while she smeared the gel over her bump with a small wand looking device.

Draco sat beside the table, holding his wife's hand while they waited for the monitor to come to life. The nurse clicked a few buttons and the room was suddenly filled with the same beautiful heartbeat Hermione heard a few days ago.

"A nice strong heartbeat." The nurse, dressed in blue scrubs, smiled. "Exactly what we want to hear at this stage of your pregnancy. Now lets see if the baby will cooperate so we can get a good picture." A few more clicks and the screen flickered to life, showing a black and white image of Hermione's womb.

Gripping his hand, Hermione gasps when she saw the screen. In the middle of the where her womb was, rested a small bundle of blurriness. "And there they are!" The nurse lights up seeing. "And it looks like they are smiling at us." She clicks some buttons and it zooms in on the baby, taking a nice picture for them to take home.

Hermione's eyes were tearing up. "There's our baby.." she looks at her husband to find him staring with wide eyes at the screen. His sculpted lips were slightly parted and his eyes were unblinking. "It's real.." he whispered. "It's really there." It didn't feel real until Draco early saw it. He was going to be a father.

Giggling, with tears of happiness falling down her face, Hermione nods "yes. It's real. It's our baby." Before she knew it Draco was kissing her, her lips, her cheeks, kissing away her happy tears, causing Hermione to let out a sound of happiness.