Boys are Stupid. Even Me.

After Louis confessed and literally slammed my heart down with his poetic words, I was still as stone. Then I whispered: "What do you want me to say to that?"

"You don't have to say anything. Just look at me."

"Don't you want words?"

"I do. That's why I'm looking into your green eyes."

"They don't say anything."

"No. They say everything."

"What do they say?" I challenged him, because it's all I can do.

"I'm drowning."

"You're right," I wasn't going to deliver lies.

"I know."

"But I don't want you to save me."

"Why not?"

"Because once you throw me the lifesaver, you drag it back to you. I have a feeling you won't even throw it. Maybe position it towards my body... but that's it."

"Fuck the lifesaver. I'll go in myself and carry you."

"That's impossible. When I'm drowning, I'll be panicking, so I'll use your life as support and I might bring you down as well. I don't want that. Just me."

"That's bullshit."

I was tired. "Louis, I'm exhausted and sleepy. I want to get this paper done as soon as I can. I'd love to stop tossing literary devices around and continue my work."

"Alright. But I'll wait."

"For?"

"Until you forgive me."

Why does he always makes me feel like I'm the only galaxy in a universe? The only rose in field of weed?" The only person in his history? But then I feel like the dirt under a person's nail. Ignored and indifference.

"Okay."

-

The morning after, my limbs ached from sitting on my bed in the same unhealthy position for about fours straight. Class was as exciting as the next. The only problems I had were with Zayn. Louis' friend. For instance, what was happening now.

"Hey princess." Zayn walked behind me.

I kept looking forward, "hey douchebag."

"Feisty, that's tasty," Zayn followed me like a lost puppy. Boys were confusing. All of them were in their own stupid way.

Zayn has been acting like this for a while now. I didn't know if he was just teasing me, or genuinely took a liking towards me. Either way, no thanks. But I didn't want to anger him nor did I want drama. I was going to deceive myself, and say I disliked his attention either. Maybe I'm a bet or something. Who knows. Maybe Louis knows; he tends to lie.

Zayn was the one who arrogantly said who was I waving at, clearly knowing Louis waved at me first. I told you, it's confusing.

I turned around and placed my hands on his shoulders, looking at him straight in the pupil: "I'll report you for sexual harassment. I haven't done it yet because that requires work. But if you keep pestering me with your vocal annoyance and overpriced cologne, I'll tell the office. Thanks, have a nice day."

I turned around, not caring for his response.

I walked to the student center where currently, they were giving free samples. With the local committee voting on new foods to give, they held many stands of diverse flavors.