Duet

Tom was at his house in Atlanta filming for Spider-Man Hoco. It has been about four month into filming. Jon Watts, the director, decided to film scenes that Peter Parker isn't it for today.

So, here Tom was, bored as hell. Everyone was doing their own thing today, so there was no one to hang out with.

"Ugh, this sucks", Tom thought to himself as he got up from the couch he was laying on.

He went to his room, seeing that he had forgotten his phone on the bed. Once he got his phone, he started going through Instagram seeing all the latest updates from his friends back home. He really did miss London, but at the same time, he was so grateful for getting the opportunity to play Spider-Man.

When he was down looking through his phone, Tom's eyes landed on his guitar.

"Wow, I haven't played that in a while."

That sparked an idea in his head.

Tom went through his whole entire room, and finally, found a guitar pick. He grabbed his guitar and ran down the stairs to the living room. His bedroom was a bit too hot since he forgot to put on the AC after he went out to eat breakfast, so he decided to play in the living room instead.

Tom sat down on the couch and placed the guitar on him. He took his guitar pick and lightly strummed the strings. A melody eventually got into Tom's head, and he started playing it out. At first, Tom was struggling a bit to find the right strings to strum. It had been a while since he had played the guitar. After a few seconds though, he was strumming the right ones and getting into the melody.

Tom was so into playing his guitar that he didn't hear footsteps walking closer and closer to him.

"I didn't know you could play the guitar."

The pick almost flew out of Tom's hand. It took him a second to recognize whose voice that was.

Once he remembered, Tom looked up and said,"How did you get in?"

"The door was open", said Zendaya sitting down on the couch next to him.

"No, I locked it."

Zendaya let out a little laugh and said,"Clearly, you didn't. Be happy it was me who walked in and not some crazy robber."

Tom laughed a bit and looked at the floor. Z and Tom both stayed in a comfortable silence for about a minute.

It was weird.

Not a bad weird though. Whenever Tom hung out with all of his cast mates, they would be talking loudly about stupid things. They would be screaming and dancing all over the place. But, when he just hung out with Zendaya, it was like the words couldn't come out of his mouth. It felt like every time Zendaya walked in the room, it was hard for him to speak, hard for him to breathe. He didn't know why.

Suddenly, Z asked,"Do you know the song 'Neverland'? The song that I sing from 'Finding Neverland'?"

"Yeah, I know it." Of course, Tom knew that song. He had only watched the video for it on Zendaya's vevo like a dozen times.

"If I asked you to play it on your guitar, would you be able to?"

"Yeah, I would. Why?"

Z got up and took out her phone. She went on the camera app and pressed the red record button. She placed her phone sitting up on the table against a tissue box infront of the couch they were sitting on.

She sat back down and said,"You think you could play it now? I want to put a acoustic version of it on my app that is coming out soon."

Tom smiled and nodded his head. He took his pick in his hand and started strumming out the melody of 'Neverland'. Zendaya then closed her eyes and began singing after a couple seconds of hearing the melody come out from the guitar.

(A/N: You guys can put on the song if you want. Legit, go on youtube on a different device or use spotify on the same device or whatever and look up the song (Neverland by Zendaya) and play it if you want for a better experience when you read this.)

Whenever I was frightened
Or if I ever felt alone
I turned to the night sky
And a star I call my own

Tom couldn't believe how incredible her singing voice was. He has heard her sing before, but only in a video. Hearing her sing in person was amazing.

We can sail away tonight
On a sea of pure moonlight
We can navigate the stars
Bring us back home
In a place so far away
We'll be young that's how we'll stay
Every wish is a command
When we find ourselves in Never
Neverland

Through all my make believe
There's some reality
In your reflection
There's much more than you see

Tom looked over to her and saw her really getting into the song. She was putting so much passion and drive into it. The lyrics are fantastic, so Z's tone and voice really brought the words to life.

The second chorus came out. What really amazed Tom was the next bit of the song and how powerful her voice was singing it.

Picture a land you never have seen
Life is eternal and evergreen
Future of happiness all in your hands
All in this place I created
That I call Neverland

"Wow", Tom thought to himself as she hit that long note. You could see that Zendaya was really putting a lot of soul into what she was singing.

We'll be young that's how we'll stay
And with your hand in my hand
I am closer now
To finding Neverland

And again, she effortlessly hits a successful note. Z looks over to Tom to see him strumming the guitar strings with ease. Tom looks up, and they both stare into each other's eyes with a smile on their faces as Zendaya finishes singing the last part of the song.

And with your hand in my hand
I am closer now
To finding Neverland
Neverland
Neverland

Tom, not breaking their eye contact, put his guitar down beside him. Once it was down on the ground, Zendaya wrapped her arms around Tom's neck bringing him into a hug. Tom's arms went around her waist without hesitation.

Zendaya pulled back, her arms still around Tom's neck. Without thinking, she tilted her head a little and leaned forward kissing Tom. At first, Tom was surprised by the action, but after one second, he kissed back bringing her closer to him.

Z stopped the kiss and looked at Tom. He opened his eyes and smiled at her as if saying he liked their moment and didn't mind it at all. They both leaned forward and kissed again trying to stop smiling through it.

Both of them forgot that the camera was still on. It didn't matter though. They could edit this bit of it out later. Right now, it was just the two of them together in their own little world.

(A/N: Tomorrow, I will tell you guys how GOTG Vol. 2 was without spoiling. And I'm going to talk about some other Tomdaya stuff that has been happening recently😍 You already know I keep track😏 And also, if you are messaging me, for some reason, I can't look at it. I looked at what someone sent me, then exited it, then i went back and it wasn't working. My phone is crappy, so just incase you guys if you send me something, I might not reply.)