8.2 : Come Back

A/N: This is either dramatic or plain weird but I tried...

... tried reading some parts of TGGBB again.

See you down there!

------

Great, just great.

Where's the stupid alarm clock?

I need it so bad right now to throw it at them.

Bentley... er... his security guards, pushed me into dad's office.

"I see that you asked someone to shove me to your office, Mr. Frazier," I retorted.

"Ah, Bennett Frazier. And no, not "shove" but to "summon" you," he answered.

I gritted my teeth at rage. He doesn't have the right to do this.

"What do you want?" I asked in exhasperation.

"I want you to come back."

I mouthed a serious "what" and glared at him again.

Me? Come back? Kill me now, I'll be happier.

"John, Caesar, let him go," he commanded and the guards finally let go of me... or maybe shoved me and blocked the door instead.

No, that's not my next move. Better luck next time.

"Son, you are the heir of Frazico and you should come back," he said.

"Oh come on, Bentley is there! Why can't you respect my decision? Huh!? What kind of father are you anywa—"

"Because I didn't let him."

My sight shot to my left seeing Bentley  stepping forward until he reached my side.

"What?" I asked in confusion. What does he even mean by he didn't let him?

By mind rained similar questions and I started to overthink.

"He was supposed to make me the heir of Frazico," Bentley explained than I shot my sight back to him.

I swear that I can't even describe him as my "father."

"Then why didn't you let him? After all... this is what you wanted right!?" I stressed with a hint of anger.

But he just shook his head.

"Because I know that I can't handle it," he answered.

Of course he can't— wait, no, he can handle it.

Why wouldn't he say that he can manage? I mean, surely he's younger than me but that doesn't mean that he can't handle the business, after all, he did live with "father" longer than I did.

"I mean, look. You lived on your own! Well... with some friends who did make you seem as the sober driving wallet-"

Yeah, always get that. Not a single person wouldn't miss saying that.

"-but hey, you kinda made it on your own! I can't even live a single day on my own! Please Bennett... please come back," he pleaded.

All of what he said was starting to process in my mind.

So what he's saying is that—

"Son, we know that you got too upset when your mother passed awa—"

"No."

Then they both looked at me in curiosity. That isn't just the reason why I ran away.

"What do you mean by 'no'?" He asked, breaking the silence.

Then I looked at them, giving them an equal amount of stares.

"I ran away because of how you treated me... you suddenly got busy and had no time for me. I know that I look like I'm trying to act like a spoiled kid but no. I know you wanted distraction from her passing away. It's just that it won't be the same anymore. I can't take it so I had the urge to run off."

I held back some tears, no... I can't be dramatic. I'm a guy. Guys don't cry...

Atleast that's what they all think.

"We can be like that again," Bentley piped in so I gave him a look.

No... we can't.

"I know I can't turn back time or get a person's soul back... but we can still be a family," Bentley added.

I don't know, can we?

But... Declan, Naomi, and Jordan?

This'll be a huge sacrifice.

"Maybe..." I said so their faces lit up but mine still was dim.

"... but I can't leave the people I also treat as a family."

They got a little confused by what I said.

"I made friends that I treat as a family, too. I can't just leave them."

I don't know now actually.

Should I go back to showing the world that I'm a Frazier?

Or should I remain their Run Away Heir?