Guilty Pleasures

Chapter 13 – Guilty Pleasures

Gwion

It took every ounce of my self-control to let her go as I watched her walk away. But restraining her now wouldn't help the situation. No, right now, she needed to calm down. Once she did, I would try to talk some sense into her again. I understood she was angry, but my actions were exactly what she needed to tap into her connection gift. And who better to benefit than her best friend?

It was the entire reason I organized the masquerade ball in the first place. I had heard their conversation in the kitchen, before they realized I was outside the door. Ironically enough, earlier that very day, I had been considering various options for training her on how to use the gift. Finding out that her friend had an unrequited love was the perfect opportunity.

I just had to get her in the right atmosphere, where her gift was flowing strongly and she wasn't thinking, just feeling. Having a conversation with her ahead of time, regarding my intent for this evening, would have completely defeated the purpose.

And she had reacted to my stimulus beautifully. Too well, actually. Her body's strong responses to my sexual advances were wreaking havoc with my head. I recalled our first night out. Between the Crazy Horse burlesque show, alcohol and my attention to her body as we danced, she did exactly as I wanted her to. She lost complete control over her thoughts and just let her body feel the atmosphere. The result had been stunning; she had created an entirely different world around us.

However, what I hadn't planned on her doing, was grabbing me and stroking my cock in the process. I shuddered hard at the memory of her fingers exploring me without any hint of hesitation. It had taken a shocking amount of self control for me to calm back down. She was too fucking sexy for her own good, and I wanted her way too much.

I could take her now. Make her mine.

I had no doubt that if I took my advances farther, she would most certainly give in to me.

But she was too pure, too innocent. She wasn't mentally ready for a physical relationship, and she sure as hell wasn't physically ready to be with me. She might think she wanted it, but I feared she wouldn't be prepared for the reality of giving her body completely to someone else. I wanted to be with her more than I had ever wanted any woman, but I couldn't bear the thought of her suffering regret or struggling with the aftermath of her decision, before she was 100% ready.

Fuck, what had she done to me?!

I had never given a shit about a woman's feelings in the matter before. Deception for the purpose of getting a woman in my bed, was beneath me and completely unnecessary, so every female I had ever been with, knew exactly where they stood with me – which was nowhere. None of them had ever meant anything more to me than just the pleasure I received from the physical act.

But Faeryn was different. So fucking different, it scared the shit out of me. If it had been anyone else who spoke to me the way she did a moment ago, they would be dead now. She had no idea the true effect she had on me.

I quickly threw back the shot the bartender slid in front of me, as I stared at her. I might have let her walk away, but that didn't mean I wasn't watching her every move as I sat at the bar.

She approached Jac's group of friends tentatively, walking up to Catelyn who was now nestled against Jac's chest. Catelyn practically glowed with pleasure and arousal.

I shook my head. Faeryn's use of her connection gift had made her friend happy. It was ridiculous that she was upset about it. But somehow, I knew our follow up conversation on the matter wasn't going to be an easy one. She was so damn stubborn.