Jazlykdat's Blurbs & New Story Sneak Peak

Magsimula sa umpisa

She went in front and started discussing about philosophy. Tumahimik naman ang lahat. It's a good thing, he's not staring at her while she was talking. Nakatungo lang ito o kung hindi naman ay sa bintana nakatingin.

Nakatuon naman ang pansin niya sa mga estudyante pero pinapakiramdaman niya ang lahat ng galaw ng binata. Alam niyang sinadya nito ang maunang pumasok sa klase niya. Hindi niya sigurado kung masisiyahan ba siya o maaasiwa sa ginagawa nitong panunuyo sa kanya.

He's been like that after that night, acting so sweet, showy and clingy. Sometimes, it creeps her out but most of the time... She shook her head and tried to concentrate on her lecture.

"Are you familiar with Platonic Realism?" she asked the class. Some students shrugged their heads. She saw him glancing at her. Bahagya itong ngumiti nang magtama ang mga mata nila. Her heart beats a little faster so she immediately averted her gaze and continued discussing before she forgets everything about her lesson.

"Plato opposes the belief that to see is to believe. The platonic realism in layman's language tells us that for instance when you think of a chair and you see this chair here." Humawak siya sa upuan ng isang estudyante sa harap.

"This chair that you are seeing here in front is not actually the reality," she added. Everybody looked at her. So she went on discussing.

"This chair is not the reality per se but only a manifestation of reality," she explained.

"The true reality is that 'chair' lurking in your mind," she added.

"Everything you see around are just second hand realities because the reality is ONLY in the mind." she stated.She looked around the silent room. Others are engrossed, some seem not to get what she meant. Pati ang binata ay nakatuon ang pansin sa kanya.

A student raised her hand. "Miss are you saying that if I think of my boyfriend as a cheater whether or not I see the evidence, it's the reality since it's what is on my mind?" tanong nito.

Her eyes flew to the man seated at the back instead of looking at the student who raised the question. She saw him staring at her waiting for her answer to the query. Na-conscious pa siya.

She tried to relax, inhaled deeply and smiled.

"In Platonic Realism, yes it is. The reality is something that you believe in your mind even if you can't see it," she answered. Nagbulungan ang ilang estudyante.

"That's why, according to Plato the ultimate reality is God because we never see him. There are only manifestations but we believe in His existence," she said with finality.

"How about the pagans, Miss? Those who don't believe in things that their eyes couldn't witness. Don't they have that thing called reality?" tanong ng isa pang estudyante.

"They have a mind of their own and whatever is lurking in their minds that is their reality. Well, at least that's according to Plato," punong kumpiyansa niyang sagot. Sumingkit ang mata ng binatang nakaupo sa likod sa naging sagot niya.

She almost rolled her eyes when he raised his hand.

Ayaw sana niya itong pansinin pero may ilang estudyanteng nakangiti at nag-aabang sa sasabihin ng binata.

Tumango na lamang siya. Tumayo naman ito at napangiti ulit.

"Miss Lacy, by any chance do you believe Platonic Realism?" Nakangisi nitong tanong. Lumabas na naman ang mumunti nitong biloy sa pisngi.

Bakit ba sobrang guwapo nito kapag ngumingiti ng gano'n?

"I am not religious but if believing in his principle means believing that God is the ultimate reality then I would gladly embrace it," she answered to satisfy him.

Some students even clapped their hands at her answer. Kinunutan niyang noo ang mga ito na agad nilang ikinatigil.

"Well then, you have every reason to believe that this feeling I have for you in my heart and mind. No matter how intangible it is, is TRUE and REAL," nakangiting nitong saad. Lumabas ang mapanudyo nitong ngiti.

There were students who faked coughs. Yung iba nakangiti lang at nakaabang.

"I was referring to m-my faith." She crammed for words.

Shit. She wants to curse and send him out but she can't.

"Okay, then so this love in my head and heart for you is real?" ulit nito.

She wasn't able to answer. Bakit ba kasi nandito ang isang 'to? He's being showy again for goodness' sake.

"Why are you blushing?" He asked smiling. Nagkantiyawan ang mga estudyante. Hindi na niya magawang sawayin ang mga ito.

"I am embarrassed," She said frankly.

Does this man think her class is a circus?

"Platonic Realism, Miss Lacy. You can always tell the world that you are embarrassed but the reality is in your mind. Kinikilig ka!" he said laughing.

She wasn't able to react. Nagkarerahan na ang tibok ng puso niya. Lalo nang kumindat ito at tinitigan siyang mataman.

Gustoniya itong batuhin ng white board marker. Angyabang lang kasi pero bakit parang mas lalo itong naging kaibig-ibig sa paninginniya? Ang guwapo lang talaga nitong tingnan kapag ngumingiti at tumititig ng gano'n.