Days after

A few days after the death and funeral Caleb and I decided to stop being so upset and live on. On my day off I emptied out my room so Ace could sleep there unlike the uncomfortable couch he has been sleeping on for two weeks. At least it's better then the cold floor of the janitors closet.

I moved my stuff into my parents room which I have not been in for years.The room was obesely taken care of by Rebecca. I placed my clothes in the drawers and then starred at myself in the mirror. My brown red hair was in a bun and a few strands of hair laid softly on my face."What's up buttercup." said Caleb behind me. "Not much. You?" I said looking back at him.

"The same."

"Good. Come here." I said motioning him towards me. Obedient he came towards me."So do you like my friend,Ace?" I asked.

"He's nice.

"Good just wanted to know."

When Ace came home we ate dinner and talked about football." I don't know why people like football. It's so confusion and boring." I said sitting back on my chair."We are all entitled to our opinion." Said Ace. "But Ember you have seen a ton of seasons and your telling me now?" Said Caleb. " I don't know the conversation never came up." I said back. After dinner we watched Bears vs. the 49ers on Monday night football.I sat on the couch starring at the wall right above the tv.

At about ten thirty Caleb and Ace were asleep on the couch.Pathetic I thought to myself. I went to pick Caleb up to carry him upstairs. Either I was stronger than I thought or Caleb was just really light. But as I picked Caleb up by the underarms Ace woke up and grabbed my arm."Jesus Christ Ace." I said." Sorry. let me carry him up." He said letting go of my arm.Ace lifted him up and carried Caleb upstairs to his bed."Thank you." I said standing in the doorway of Caleb's room."Your welcome Ember and also thank you." he said. Then he kissed me on the cheek before he walked down the hall to my old room.