Stay

Chapter 6

I was hoping that she'd stop the car and leave me there but she didn't. When we arrived The Book and The Leopard, I was a little hesitant to join her for dinner. I was thinking that she didn't want me to join her there. We haven't talked again after I confirmed that I already read the letter. I was shocked when she opened the door and lent her hand to guide me off the car. She asked to me follow her in so I did.

The restaurant was a little unique. There are books under the dining table that customers can read while waiting for their orders. The place is not so crowded and the wooden theme of the shop makes the ambience relaxing.

"So. Uhm. I wasn't planning to tell you yet about Emily. Its not that I still haven't move on. I already did. Its just that I'm afraid how you will react if you knew. Now I know."

She pauses and looks at me deeply.

"Look. If you're not comfortable with me staying with you inside the house, I won't. I still have a place to stay and you don't. You can have the house by yourself until you get well. You can still have it all alone until you find a place to stay or the means to pay a place to stay. I'm sorry to shake to up with that revelation."

After that, not a single word came out of her mouth even though we're already finished eating. 

"You don't have to stay away. I'm okay with that. I'm okay with you." As I pause, she looked into my eyes. I wanted to say everything sincerely so I managed myself to talk to her while looking straight into her eyes."I'm a little shocked after I read it but, I know that I'm okay with that. I'm the one who's crashing not you. As much as I want to leave you with your privacy again, I still don't have the means. My car and things are gone because of my stupidity and I really need a plae to stay. Plus, you still haven't given me the list."

I tried to make everything feel lighter. I know she's kind of uneasy with me knowing that she's gay so I have to make her feel comfortable. I want to assure her that it's okay with me. 

"Actually. I don't want you to leave." She said.

 I was shocked with what I heard. I looked at her and I can see that she meant what she said.

"This is the first time that I've had company since she left. Its not that I want to treat you like how I treated her. Its not like that. Don't get me wrong. I just missed having company. Will you stay?"

I dont know what to answer. I can feel that I want to say yes but I'm a little hesistant. 

"Yes. I will." I finally said.