Chapter 6

A/N: hola 👋🏽 peeps. I just wanted to say hi. Oh, and I wanted to say thanks for the 5k! -anon F-

Is Nova gay?

Maybe he likes a male, that could be the reason why. That kinda made me feel bad. I bet Nia doesn't know, and it's hard to get out of the closet. Not that I have experienced it or anything, I can just imagine how hard it must be. After practically putting Tally back together, I leave the room, going upstairs. As soon as I get up there, J.I. pulls me into a room, making me scream. He covers my mouth and immediately starts talking. "How did the letter get there?"
"Uh, I don't know." I lie.
"Dee, you're fucking evil." He rolls his eyes, sighing. I feel guilty. "Hey, I didn't know she would cry! I wouldn't have done that if I thought she would cry! Where Nova at?" I change the subject.
"He's in the bathroom, he locked himself up." He replied.
I leave the bedroom, rushing to the boys bathroom. I stand in front of the door trying to figure out if knocking is the best idea. I hear singing and rapping. Standing at the door listening, I pay close attention to the lyrics this time.

"Look at me, look at me, look at what you've done to me. Got my feelings it a place where I really don't want them to be. Every time I close my eyes, it's only you I see. Anxiously awaiting the moment that you and I can make a "we." You're my never ending book, can't stop reading it. So many things I didn't know, I guess I didn't see it. Our love is like a lemon, either bitter or sweet. Cheating and abuse the things you would never see. Endless nights of you and me, being in your presence is all I really need."

He sighs and the door knob turns. I run out of the room, bumping into Mulatto. "No running in the halls, kids." She laughs. I laugh, too, but the laughter ceased when Nova exited the room. His eyes were red. I started to reach for him, but he quickly walked away, heading down the stairs.

Latto looked at me, confused. "What's up with him?" She asked. I shrugged. "I don't know, I'm going to check on him." I respond, hurrying down the stairs. I go downstairs and see him sitting in the backyard on the ground through the glass door. Is this a good idea? JD brought us here to make up, didn't he? I decide to join him outside.

I walk outside and sit next to him. "Hey, you okay?" I ask. "I'm perfectly fine." He snaps back like a little kid. "You came out of the room red eyed. I know you aren't high, so tell me whats up. It's better to get it off your chest." I poke his side. "Diamond, I don't want to freaking talk to you, just leave me alone!" He shouts. I stop poking him and pout. "Chill, all I did was try to help your aggy ass out!" I yell back.

"Well, you're not helping. Just go away, I'm trying to think and you're distracting me." He said half heartedly. "It's your fault we broke up anyways." He mumbles, thinking I wouldn't hear him.

"How am I the reason for you and Nia breaking up?" I ask in a  confused tone. He stands up and sits on the bench in front of me. "If you like someone the same sex as you, it's okay. There's nothing to be ashamed of." I take a risk, looking down at my hands.  He shakes his head, a look of disgust on his face. "You don't understand."
"I knew I couldn't have been right, I'm sorry, I thought yo-" I begin, but got cut off.
"Just like I said, you don't understand. It's way more complicated than that." He rubs his face, resting his elbows on his knees. He sits there for a moment in silence, then I start to hear sniffles. I stood up, sitting next to him on the bench. He looked up at me, seeming like he was going to snap, but instead he embraced me. He cried on my shoulder for about thirty minutes straight. Somehow, in that time span, I had made my way onto his lap. I was sitting facing him, his face on my chest. I decided to finally speak. "Listen, I know everything is a struggle right now. It's hard being in a situation like yours. You just lost your girlfriend, but you like someone else, and now someone likes you who you don't like back. It's okay, though, I'm here for you. I'm sure that girl you like feels really special." I say. Even though he's been kinda bitchy to me, I still have a little feeling the girl is me. I can't show it, though, otherwise that'd make everything worse, especially if it isn't really me.
Suddenly, I feel a soft kiss on my cheek. My eyes grow wide.
"Thank you, Dee." He smiles up at me. I nod, still shocked. He kisses me near my chin, making me roll my eyes. I was loving this, but I can't show it. I can't let this boy manipulate me. Shit, why are a few kisses doing this to me? I smiled, but quickly straightened my face, trying to stay calm.
He made his way up to my jawline, caressing my cheek. I felt a chill go up my spine. His lips were very close to mine. He stayed there for a while, smiling. Come on Nova, if you're gonna kiss me, kiss me. I could feel his breath on my lips.
"You're the girl, Dee. I like you." He whispered. I did a victory dance in my head, but remained calm on the outside. I wanted to scream, but instead I just smiled, and spoke back. "Good." was all I could say. I glanced at his lips, then looked into his pretty brown eyes.

"Do you want me to kiss you, Dee?" He asked me, his volume still at a whisper. I thought about it. He's been so disrespectful and moody. I dont know if I should kiss him or not. Come on, Dee. Make a decision.
I nodded slowly, biting my lip. Why not? Doesn't mean I forgive him, it's a heat of the moment thing. He leaned in and pecked my lips. It was so quick I barely even felt it, but I knew he kissed me. He did it again, and here I was, kissing the wishy-washy boy. I'm sure later on, he'll yell at me for nothing. I liked this side of Nova, though.

There were still cameras, so I quickly got off of his lap and walked inside of the house, wild thoughts swirling through my head. They continue to go through my head the next day, too.

It may sound odd, but I have this extreme desire for him that I have tried time after time to get rid of. Every time I close my eyes, visions of him and I dancing, laughing, and crying replay in my head. I want to be able to lay my head on his chest and feel safe. I want him to put his arms around me!

I've been trying not to break down so I can stay focused. It's hard to focus when you want something that you know you can't get. Thoughts like this eat me up inside.

I feel a hand on my shoulder, which moves to my cheek and wipes away tears that I didn't even know  had fallen. I wake up from my daydream and see Mani standing in front of me. "You good lil' sis? He asks worriedly. "Yeah, just thinking." I explain, sniffling. We get up, noticing that when we turn around, there's a camera filming us. Mani looked away from the camera and pulled me out of the shot. I know they about to edit that like crazy.

The rest of the day, we acted as normal as possible for the cameras. It was obvious that everyone was relieved when they left. They got footage of the Nia and Tally thing and my talk with Flau'jae. This is about to be reckless. I don't know what JD will do after he hears about Tally and Nia nearly fighting, but I guess drama makes for good tv.

Mrs. Patterson called all of us into the kitchen to come eat. The tension at the table was nearly unbearable. "Mrs. Patterson, thank you for the food. I really appreciate it." JI said, breaking the silence. She smiled. "You're very welcome." Everyone else decides to thank her, too, and we continue eating. Nova smiles at me from across the table and mouths something. My eyebrows furrow. "What?" I mouth back. He reaches in his pocket and pulls out his phone. He points at it and then at me. I nod and pull my phone out to see a notification for a text from Nova.

"Wanna go swimming? (;" It reads. I laugh, causing everyone to look up. My cheeks get hot, but I just reply with a "Sure." I didn't know what else to say.
Hopefully this goes well, and now that I know for sure he likes me, he'll stop acting funny. He wanted to swim with me, so that was progress.

"I wanna go swimming, too, you butts!" J.I. yells, peeking over at my phone. I smack his leg and he just laughs. Nova laughs as well, and I couldn't help but smile. He's so adorable. I'm just praying he stays that way.

A/N: What do y'all think about noni <-- ship name. Is Noni a hit or miss? -anon F-
MISS. but I hope y'all liked it, anon F might kill me for the changes but y'all were really on our asses for the gay stuff so I chose to change it 😭 itwaslowkeygettinaggyahem but thanks for reading, ilysm, bye! ❤
-anon K-