Good Reputation || Chris Dixon (Chrismd)

From the moment she stepped out of the terminal and saw her parents' faces, Y/N felt like she'd never left. She ran through the gates, her case dragging behind her on the hard floor, and embraced them at the same time, the tears starting to fall. Chris was behind her, walking faster to keep up. After a long hug, Y/N pulled back to let him step forward awkwardly.

"Mum, dad, this is my boyfriend, Chris." She introduced with a wide beam. Chris grinned too, sticking out his hand for a handshake. Y/N's dad shook it, but her mum just pulled him in for a hug, her head level with his shoulder. Catching Chris' eye over her shoulder, Y/N stuck her tongue out and got a wink in return.

The whole drive home, Y/N talked about her life in London, her career, her and Chris' apartment and the holidays they'd been on, while Chris just put in a few words every now and then so that he wasn't forgotten. The family atmosphere was still there even after such a long time apart but to Y/N's relief, Chris fit right in with ease. When they reached the house and were ready to settle in for the night though, her dad stopped them.

"Before you go upstairs, I'd like to just have a quick chat with Chris in the other room, if that's okay with you?" He asked, and Y/N made a face.

"Dad, can this please wait until tomorrow? We're both tired and we'd like to-"

"No, it's fine, I'm happy to go have a talk." Chris spoke over her, laying his backpack against the sofa and turning to her dad.

He smiled. "Brilliant. We can just go to the kitchen."

"Chris..." Y/N said unwillingly. She wasn't happy with her dad springing something like this on them five minutes after getting home. Chris just gave her a relaxed smile.

"It's fine, Y/N/N, it'll only take a minute." He assured her, following her dad to the kitchen.

Y/N stood there uncomfortably, chewing her lip. She knew she had nothing to be ashamed of but she just wasn't alright with the whole idea of a first day interrogation, no matter how calm Chris seemed. Her mum picked up Chris' bag from the chair and smiled at Y/N.

"Lets go upstairs and get you set up a bit." She offered. Y/N shrugged, walking but looking over her shoulder to watch Chris disappear around the corner. Her mum was observing her expression carefully and, sensing the discomfort in her eyes, laid a hand on her arm. "I like it." She told Y/N almost proudly. "He's only that confident because he clearly knows he has nothing to hide."

Y/N pursed her lips a little. "I know. He's completely comfortable and it's making me a little uneasy, to tell the truth."

Her mum laughed. "Stop stressing. Your dad likes him so far, he just wants to ask him a few questions." She pushed the door open to Y/N's room. "I cleaned up a bit for you, I thought you'd want it a bit more grown up than when you left." She explained, and Y/N had to cover her mouth when she saw what she meant. The walls, originally pink with aqua trim, were now a basic, flat shade of grey. The floorboards were polished and clean and a new rug, the same aqua shade as her bedspread, lay at the foot of the bed.

"Oh, mum! Thank you so much." Y/N threw her arms around her mum in a big hug. She could feel her laughing against her chest and it made her giggle too but the tears were threatening to spill again.

They stayed like that for a long time, but whether she could sense it or was just lucky, Y/N's mum finally split the hug to step towards the door. "I'm glad you like it. I'll give you some time to get yourself comfortable, fill the drawers and the cupboards and stuff. You know, just make it your own for the next few weeks." The door opened a little further behind her and Chris' head poked in. "Goodnight guys. Hopefully you'll feel at home here!" She said to them both.

Chris thanked her as she walked out past him then pulled his case into the room and closed the door. Y/N raised an eyebrow at him. "So?" She pressed. "What did he wanna talk about?"

Chris chuckled at her worried expression, reaching his arms out for a hug. She pursed her lips a little but wrapped her arms around his waist. "He just asked me why I thought I loved you. And what my plans for the future were. I told him I didn't think I loved you, that it's the only thing I'm sure of. And that my future could take me anywhere but that you and YouTube are the only things I'll need to be happy." He pressed his lips to the top of her head. "He seemed to like my answers."

Y/N tilted her face up for a kiss on the lips. "Wow. I'm impressed." She replied. "I couldn't have handled that better."

He grinned at her, then gazed around at her room properly for the first time. "You have a nice house, and a really nice room." He observed. A giggle fell from Y/N's lips.

"Thanks. I really appreciate it." She said with a smirk.

"I'm keen to test out the bed." He suggested, coaxing a full grin from her.

She pouted for another kiss, then pulled him towards the bed. "Let's make sure we don't ruin your good reputation, though." She teased.