Ten

Hey everyone! How are you today?

Sorry for taking so long with the update, I've been sick (again), and I went to a camp with my friends. WE WENT SURFING, and the food at that camp is effing amazing.

As for this book, I woke up this morning and freaked when I looked at Unmarked. ITS #24 IN FANTASY EVERYONE!!!!!!!??!!! Not only is that a great achievement, but also, this book has received 27K+ reads! That is amazing everyone, thank you so so so so so so much.

^^^^ This beautiful cover was made by @Lamija-chan and I absolutely love it!

If you would like to make me a cover or a banner, go ahead! If you do, I'll feature it in a chapter and dedicate that chapter to you.

Please vote, comment, and share!

Also, this chapter has a slightly mature scene in it, but not really, I'm just warning you guys <3

Remember to be good to each other!

Byeee

Word Count: 2278

Unedited

Chapter Ten:

In the shadow of the night, one stood alone.

Their eyes were a black so dark, with a depth so deep it was hard not to get lost in them. That was the only thing visible behind the black cloak that hid their features from the rest of the bar. Drunken men and sinned women stared fearfully at the person who seemed to hypnotize them in their swaying forms, The cloaked figure staring intently at each and every one of them.

"Does anyone here know of a Jade Harvingston, from Esterhaven?" The voice was firm, dark, and filled the silent air of the pub that had silenced upon its arrival. Chilly night air filled the sweating room from no where in particular as goosebumps rose on the towns peoples skin.

The people stilled, even more than their original stances, sending worried looks towards one another with the corner of their eyes. Rarely did you see a stranger in Belacand, the place was tiny and those who lived within the cities and towns their usually never left. The thought of a masked stranger arriving at a pub at an unfatedly hour was unheard of, and sent chills down one of the waitresses spines.

"No, sorry we can't help you, Sir. Do they live around here? And Would you like a drink?" The bartender started mumbling about what kind of alcoholic the cloaked figure was, unfazed by the tense, nearly suffocating fear of the room.

Silence filled the room once more as everyone waited in anticipation for the newcomer to reply, everyone still.

The figure waited for nearly three minutes, before his lips pulled back into a deep ugly smile. "Of course," it said with the same sense of authority heading closer to the counter. With a sigh of relief, everyone turned and started laughing with one another again, momentarily forgetting the fearsome person who had entered a Shenseva, Belacand pub so late at night.