Overtired

You hadn't slept in days, you felt drowsy, groggy and overall like absolute shit. This case was really doing your head in. You often slipped out of thought and up blankly staring at something until someone snapped you out of it. Today was your breaking point, you were beginning to feel dizzy, and everything just felt like a dream. You were so lightheaded but you kept pushing on.

You were carrying files around when you suddenly felt very dizzy and your vision became blurry. You put the files down and leaned against a table, holing a hand up to your head.

"(Y/n) are you ok?" You heard L's voice echo through your mind.

You stood up straight and suddenly felt weak, you stumbled back and felt your knees go weak, you were going to pass out any second.

"(Y/n)? (Y/N)!"

You fell backwards and lost all consciousness as L dived for you and caught you in his arms.

You just fainted... great.

"(Y/n)! What happened?"

L shook your shoulders as the taskforce started to crowed around you. L put his ear up to your chest to make sure you were still alive. When he heard your heartbeat he let out a sigh of relief.

"Thank god, she's alive. She just fainted..." L said.

The taskforce all let out sighs of relief and began to wonder what happened.

L put a hand up to your forehead and checked for a temperature.

"She's not sick, she must be overtired, poor thing"

L picked you up bridal style and turned to the taskforce.

"Someone take over for her work, and no one wake her up until she's gotten enough sleep"

The taskforce nodded in understanding as L carried you down the hall and into your room where he placed you on your bed and pulled the blankets over you, he flopped onto the sofa on your room and looked over at you as you slept.

"Told you you should have gotten more sleep" he mumbled to himself.

He wasn't going to leave until he knew you were ok. It took a while, but you did eventually wake up. You sat up and rubbed your eyes, trying to remember what happened.

"Oh that's right... I fainted..." you mumbled to yourself.

You looked around and saw you were in your room, but you also noticed that L was sitting on your couch, he was leaning against the armrest and had fallen asleep as he watched over you.

"He watched me... that's actually really sweet..."

You got up and walked over to him, smiling down at him as he slept.

"Wait, better question, he's asleep?"